No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Heyman, Cishek's name is floating around on the market, with Dunn likely to follow:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/writer...miami-may-sell
    Last edited by marlinsfan24; 07-20-2014, 11:30 PM.

Comment

It doesn't say that.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNames7225 View Post
        It doesn't say that.
        Yeah my bad, read it quickly and didn't see they aren't actually on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          It looks like the next day or 2 we will be making the decision of selling or not. As of right now tho they are gonna sell. They have gotten calls on alot of guys and could be making alot of moves before the deadline.

Are willing to talk on almost all(No Stanton or young pitchers). They are looking to get guys who can help next year/club control guys.

Cishek,Dunn,Reed Johnson have gotten the most calls but we also have gotten calls on Garrett Jones,McGehee,Dietrich,Jeff Baker,Gregg(before elbow)

Also there is talk that Boston might see the market for Uehara,if they trade him look for them to make a offer for Cishek. They might make 1 anyway but if Uehara is dealt they will need a closer next year
          Trading McGehee would be a mistake. If Moran was closer, fine, but with no immediate replacement available, it makes no sense to re-open the black hole at 3rd base again for a few minor league arms.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            Trading McGehee would be a mistake. If Moran was closer, fine, but with no immediate replacement available, it makes no sense to re-open the black hole at 3rd base again for a few minor league arms.
            They wanna extend McGehee and the market is not big on him either. Just said they got calls

As for Cishek teams looking for a closer are Tigers,Indians,Pirates,Red Sox(If trade Uehara)

Dunn is on the market with St Louis,Atlanta,Cincy as teams interested

Comment

I'd love to see the fish acquire Nick Franklin. He's more or less the type of player they are looking for at the position. Wonder what M's want in return?
              --------------------
              Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              They wanna extend McGehee and the market is not big on him either. Just said they got calls

As for Cishek teams looking for a closer are Tigers,Indians,Pirates,Red Sox(If trade Uehara)

Dunn is on the market with St Louis,Atlanta,Cincy as teams interested
              Please, no more trade with the Tigers!
              Last edited by Big Z; 07-21-2014, 12:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                I'd love to see the fish acquire Nick Franklin. He's more or less the type of player they are looking for at the position. Wonder what M's want in return?
                --------------------

Please, no more trade with the Tigers!
                Well if Boston trades Uehara it is likely to the Tigers

Pitching,Pitching and more Pitching. If Oakland wants him(like reported) and Seattle will move him in the division he is probably there. Tommy Milone and ? for Franklin could get done quick

Comment

How about we trade Dietrich for Millone? I'd be cool with that. Didn't Mike Hill say recently that they'd be interested in a SP they could control beyond this year?

Comment

I would be fine with Milone. I would rather get a second baseman than a pitcher, but oh well.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

They could probably get a 2B if they decide to trade Cishek which seems to be a popular rumor at this point.

Comment

Agree with MM21, definitely prefer an everyday player over a pitcher.

Comment

Franklin and Millone will likely get traded for one another lol

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            I would be fine with Milone. I would rather get a second baseman than a pitcher, but oh well.
                            yeah but trading a 2b for a 2b doesn't make sense
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            I agree completely. I think extending him is stupid, but so would trading him. Even if you upgrade the position/get something long term, he's a good bench option/1b option. He's going to be pretty cheap next year in arbitration (3ish mil?) for a normal team.
                            Last edited by nny; 07-21-2014, 05:25 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                              yeah but trading a 2b for a 2b doesn't make sense
                              --------------------

I agree completely. I think extending him is stupid, but so would trading him. Even if you upgrade the position/get something long term, he's a good bench option/1b option. He's going to be pretty cheap next year in arbitration (3ish mil?) for a normal team.
                              Sorry, I just meant in general. I didn't mean Dietrich for Franklin. My bad. I just wish Seattle needed a closer because Cishek for Franklin would work perfectly, but Seattle needs a hitter. Maybe a three-team trade? (Probably not.)
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                                I think extending him is stupid, but so would trading him. Even if you upgrade the position/get something long term, he's a good bench option/1b option. He's going to be pretty cheap next year in arbitration (3ish mil?) for a normal team.
                                I think it's about maximizing value. .369 BABIP. What is he going to look like batting .260 with 2 HR? They can replace that easily. If they can get a good minor league arm (comparatively speaking, I would say a Conley/Urena type guy or better), I think it's a no brainer.

Comment

Working...
                                X