No announcement yet.

Red @ Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah I blew blood vessel then too. the Dolphins last yr with that play against the Pats with the batted ball was another one where i lost it.

Comment

PROTESTING GAMES.
      Each league shall adopt rules governing procedure for protesting a game, when a manager claims that an umpire’s decision is in violation of these rules. No protest shall ever be permitted on judgment decisions by the umpire. In all protested games, the decision of the League President shall be final.
      Even if it is held that the protested decision violated the rules, no replay of the game will be ordered unless in the opinion of the League President the violation adversely affected the protesting team’s chances of winning the game.
      Rule 4.19 Comment: Whenever a manager protests a game because of alleged misapplication of the rules the protest will not be recognized unless the umpires are notified at the time the play under protest occurs and before the next pitch, play or attempted play. A protest arising on a game-ending play may be filed until 12 noon the following day with the league office.
      I'm not even sure what would occur but I'm just really pissed off right now.

Comment

They might as well, right?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

They have to protest it. If nothing else clarification comes out of this bullshit rule

Comment

Nothing would happen really, but it should be protested either way. Just a terrible call. I was excited about just enjoying the games and not caring too much anymore but that was just awful.

Comment

Has a protest ever been successful?

Comment

George Brett Pine Tar incident.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                  Has a protest ever been successful?
                  Rarely..

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...but-it-happens

Comment

It won't get overturned anyways. NY made the call and you know someone from the league was there. I just want someone to come out and try to make a logical explanation.
                    --------------------
                    Now mind you. Valdespin make that catch and or Dunn fields that ball this doesn't happen. Valdespin yesterday and today really ends up being the diff.
                    Last edited by AdamRavs; 07-31-2014, 08:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Christina De Nicola ‏@CDeNicola13 22s
                      Overheard owner Jeffrey Loria tell someone from the #Marlins: "I will happily pay your fine." #MLB @MLB @Marlins

Atta boy, Mr. Loria.
                      --------------------
                      Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 1m
                      Samson: "Everyone in baseball should be embarrassed by a call like that." #Marlins
                      Tell em
                      --------------------
                      Game cannot be protested
                      --------------------
                      Manny Navarro ‏@Manny_Navarro 5s
                      Redmond: "To lose ball game on that play is and absolute joke. What a f---ing joke." #Marlins
                      Fired up.
                      Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-31-2014, 09:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Bigger joke: The play or Manny Navarro's spelling?

Comment

They would have to protest immediately

Comment

Redmond's press conference is gold.
                            --------------------
                            Just said bullshit several times unbleeped.
                            Last edited by Nick; 07-31-2014, 09:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

This is an awesome press conference. It looks like he's about to cry actually.

Comment

McGehee interview also awesome.
                                --------------------
                                Eloquent argument from Mathis here. Gotta feel bad for him.
                                Last edited by Nick; 07-31-2014, 09:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X