The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    I know that one was a blast, but this ball park is ridiculously small. How they havent moved the fences back is beyond me.
    It would require a lot of construction and loss of seating (with concourses right behind, you can't easily push the seats back. It's far easier to make the field smaller than making it bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
      Ellington is very frustrating to watch. He throws so hard, but has control issues and doesn't really have a good secondary pitch either.
      Relievers who dont have control are the most frustrating thing to watch in baseball. Barraclough isnt as bad as ellington but he has a lot of the same thing with him.

- - - - - - - - - -

man we could really use a few runs here.

Comment

Relievers who dont have control are the most frustrating thing to watch in baseball. Barraclough isnt as bad as ellington but he has a lot of the same thing with him.

- - - - - - - - - -

man we could really use a few runs here.
        I agree that Barraclough is similar. What saves Barraclough sometimes is that he has that slider to go along with his fastball. Helps him get out of high leverage jams.

Comment

• Dare I say there are fewer people at these two games than at Marlins games?

Comment

• Speaking of Barraclough, he's the guy warming up for the 7th...

Comment

• 6 runs won't be enough, boys.

Comment

• Wow, Mike Aviles got a big hit.

- - - - - - - - - -

Is Anderson healthy in AAA? Because Dietrich's knee seems to be bothering him.

Comment

• Dietrich needs to slide there. I know he's hurt but jesus come out of the game if you cant slide.

Anderson was apparently on the Dl for a concussion but i havent heard anything about how serious it is. If he's healthy id assume hes the starter at 3b come september.

- - - - - - - - - -

that was an enormous run. Hopefully moore can add on another. I hate playing in this ballpark.

Comment

• Well at least we got 1.

Comment

• Would be really nice to have Ramos and Phelps still but trading them was 100% the right move.

Comment

Would be really nice to have Ramos and Phelps still but trading them was 100% the right move.
                        Yeah it sucks that we got buried in May, the deadline could've been a lot different...though we probably would've traded the farm for some washed up pitcher who was good 10 years ago.

- - - - - - - - - -

Great catch by Stanton!

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          Yeah it sucks that we got buried in May, the deadline could've been a lot different...though we probably would've traded the farm for some washed up pitcher who was good 10 years ago.

- - - - - - - - - -

Great catch by Stanton!
                          Agreed. Given that we have very few prospects to begin with and that I love the guys we got for Hech, Phelps, and Ramos, im cool with it. Did a really nice job building back some depth in the farm and got some high potential OF's, a potential 4th OF in braxton lee, and a bunch of really interesting SP depth.

Comment

• If we have a nice week or two, I wonder if they add another reliever?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              If we have a nice week or two, I wonder if they add another reliever?
                              i'd think starter and reliever. Theres gotta be a combo like RA Dickey and Jim Johnson that sneaks through on waivers that we could get for very little.

- - - - - - - - - -

Is Wittgren out for the year?

Comment

i'd think starter and reliever. Theres gotta be a combo like RA Dickey and Jim Johnson that sneaks through on waivers that we could get for very little.

- - - - - - - - - -

Is Wittgren out for the year?
                                I think he is out for the year.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's up to Ziegler. In the rain.

- - - - - - - - - -

Runners at 1st & 3rd with 2 outs, and it's POURING.

- - - - - - - - - -

Groundball to 2B, game over!

Comment

Working...
                                X