Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
    Nothing about the players you listed was ridiculous, tj, it was the number that was ridiculous.
    Agreed - any - several - of the 15 could've been traded and it wouldn't have surprised any of us. It was the asserting that ALL 15 were going to be gone, no doubt about it! that was what we all had a problem with.

Comment

• This might be getting a little ahead of the game here, but if we have a really good week here against 2 bad teams, are there any potential waiver additions we could make to the back end of the bullpen or maybe an improvement at the #5 starter spot for Worley? Would the decision to send cash to a team just looking to cut salary go to Loria or the new ownership group? Because the new ownership group committing a couple dollars for a solid improvement for the stretch run might be a good way to endear itself to the fan base in a way that the current ownership never did.

Trying to think of bad teams who might be willing to send guys for cash/minor prospects but I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        This might be getting a little ahead of the game here, but if we have a really good week here against 2 bad teams, are there any potential waiver additions we could make to the back end of the bullpen or maybe an improvement at the #5 starter spot for Worley? Would the decision to send cash to a team just looking to cut salary go to Loria or the new ownership group? Because the new ownership group committing a couple dollars for a solid improvement for the stretch run might be a good way to endear itself to the fan base in a way that the current ownership never did.

Trying to think of bad teams who might be willing to send guys for cash/minor prospects but I cant think of any off the top of my head.
        Instead of adding through waivers. We could just bring Peters up

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
          Instead of adding through waivers. We could just bring Peters up
          I wouldnt mind that either. I see him in the rotation to start the year next year anyway. Ideally id like to see one start from him up here before the deadline. I just think Worley is not a major league starter at this point. Bullpen is also a concern too after trading Phelps and Ramos so maybe a minor addition there would be helpful.

- - - - - - - - - -

RA Dickey could be an interesting addition. Just spitballing names though.

Comment

• Let's put some wins together first.
            Last edited by AdamRavs; 08-21-2017, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
              Let's put some wins together first.
              agreed. All this is premised on us taking care of an easy schedule this week.

Comment

This might be getting a little ahead of the game here, but if we have a really good week here against 2 bad teams, are there any potential waiver additions we could make to the back end of the bullpen or maybe an improvement at the #5 starter spot for Worley? Would the decision to send cash to a team just looking to cut salary go to Loria or the new ownership group? Because the new ownership group committing a couple dollars for a solid improvement for the stretch run might be a good way to endear itself to the fan base in a way that the current ownership never did.

I would think it still falls to Loria now until the sale is completed.

As the others have pointed out, we need to take care of the Phillies/Padres first before worrying about adding. If they pull a typical Marlins and fall on their face against bad teams, then it'll all be a moot point.

Comment

• Henderson Alvarez to the Phillies on a minor league deal(get a look early for next year) for 750K

Heyman said his FB is up to 98

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                  I would think it still falls to Loria now until the sale is completed.

As the others have pointed out, we need to take care of the Phillies/Padres first before worrying about adding. If they pull a typical Marlins and fall on their face against bad teams, then it'll all be a moot point.
                  All the $ still is coming from Jeff until sale is complete

Exactly the Braves were supposedly an easy win for 2 years now and we look like crap against them. We will sweep Arizona and go 2-9 against Philly even tho they are tanking hard right now with Henderson throwing a nono

Comment

• He also has to waive his NO Trade

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ong_11_po.html

According to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe, 11 possible suitors -- including the Phillies, Yankees and Mets -- for Stanton are emerging and could be in a unique bidding war this coming offseason.

There's been talk of teams making a run at Stanton this offseason, including the Phillies, Giants, Mets, and possibly Yankees. The Blue Jays, Cardinals, Braves, Mariners, and Dodgers could also get involved. What about Stanton at Fenway? The Nationals may see Stanton as a cheaper alternative to Bryce Harper, who becomes a free agent after next season.

Comment

• Trading Stanton makes no sense this offseason. For so many different reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Henderson Alvarez to the Phillies on a minor league deal(get a look early for next year) for 750K

Heyman said his FB is up to 98

- - - - - - - - - -

All the $ still is coming from Jeff until sale is complete

Exactly the Braves were supposedly an easy win for 2 years now and we look like crap against them. We will sweep Arizona and go 2-9 against Philly even tho they are tanking hard right now with Henderson throwing a nono
                        Yeah, I don't know why we didn't take a flier on Alvarez.

Comment

• I find it very hard to believe his fastball is now up to 98 MPH. I agree it couldnt have hurt to take a flier on him, but that has faulty radar gun written all over it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Oh, nvm, heyman also said he had more walks than strikeouts as well in the independent league. That would answer the question as to why nobody really wanted him.

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...uns/607345001/

Start scouting San Francisco?

Comment

• They arent trading Stanton in the offseason. Ozuna and/or Bour, yes. They arent trading stanton.

Comment

They arent trading Stanton in the offseason. Ozuna and/or Bour, yes. They arent trading stanton.
                                Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                                X