No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking at the schedule too. It's very favorable. Also the end of the yr we play Colorado, Arizona and the Brewers. We just keep playing well maybe a miracle can happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
      I was looking at the schedule too. It's very favorable. Also the end of the yr we play Colorado, Arizona and the Brewers. We just keep playing well maybe a miracle can happen?
      Key is obviously going to be the pitching. I feel solid about Straily, COnley, and Urena, and I am irrationally hopeful about Nicolino, but its really hard to get a streak going with Worley in the rotation on top of not having any ace, let alone the fact that our bullpen is pretty horrible at this point. Also, hopefully Bour can come back early in september as he was just cleared to resume baseball activities.

Comment

• The number I have in mind is get to 3 games back with 10 to go, then we have Arizona and Colorado for 3 games each. That'd be awfully fun.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        Does anyone know why we have a double header in Philly on Tuesday rather than just making one of the games on monday when both teams have an off day? Is this that thing that was talked about earlier in the season where the Phillies would have too many consecutive games without a day off?
        Probably has to do with Philly being on the West Coast today.

Comment

• This week is absolutely huge. 2 worst teams in the league. The double header is especially important. No splits.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Dont understand your hate with Conley. He started the year terribly but he was good last year, has a great minor league track record, and has been very good in 7 starts since he came back up here. 3 ER or less in 6 of 7 starts and has gone at least 5 innings in each start and 6 or more in 5 of the 7 starts. His bounceback since he's come back up here has been very encouraging.

- - - - - - - - - -

6 back with 40 to go now. Realistically we dont have a chance, but lets dream. 7 games this week against the 2 worst teams in the league. Need at the very least 5-2, 6-1 would be ideal though. We still have a lot of games against the phillies and braves and also play 2 of our last 3 series against the DBacks and Rockies, so it is certainly doable.

- - - - - - - - - -

Does anyone know why we have a double header in Philly on Tuesday rather than just making one of the games on monday when both teams have an off day? Is this that thing that was talked about earlier in the season where the Phillies would have too many consecutive games without a day off?
            I don't like Conley's xFIP. I don't hate him. Don't put words in my mouth.

He's a solid #5 (maybe #4) on a playoff caliber team

- - - - - - - - - -

Fangraphs gives us a 6.1% chance of winning the WC.

All things considered, that's pretty remarkable.

Comment

• To say this is a HUGH series vs PHI would be an understatement.

Comment

• Didnt know where to put this but I was just reading a story on ESPN about what the HR record really is based off Stanton's comments about it being 61. That is largely due to his poor experience with Bonds last year right? I didnt think much of it when he first made the comments but the more i think of it the more that seems like something he said to try and piss Bonds off.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                To say this is a HUGH series vs PHI would be an understatement.
                Need both games today. Mets fucking suck and had opportunity after opportunity to beat the Dbacks last night but whatever. Can't rely on the mets to beat teams for us.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jarlin Garcia back. Pretty big, not because he's a world beater, although he has been solid, but because it gets rid of the last man in the bullpen who typically stinks. In this case Javy Guerra DFA. Severino Gonzalez is the 26th man for the DH. Hopefully Wittgren can come back soon too but I havent heard anything on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  Didnt know where to put this but I was just reading a story on ESPN about what the HR record really is based off Stanton's comments about it being 61. That is largely due to his poor experience with Bonds last year right? I didnt think much of it when he first made the comments but the more i think of it the more that seems like something he said to try and piss Bonds off.

- - - - - - - - - -

Need both games today. Mets fucking suck and had opportunity after opportunity to beat the Dbacks last night but whatever. Can't rely on the mets to beat teams for us.

- - - - - - - - - -

Jarlin Garcia back. Pretty big, not because he's a world beater, although he has been solid, but because it gets rid of the last man in the bullpen who typically stinks. In this case Javy Guerra DFA. Severino Gonzalez is the 26th man for the DH. Hopefully Wittgren can come back soon too but I havent heard anything on him.
                  Yeah, I was disappointed to see the Mets lost when I looked this morning.

Comment

• Good news is though after this week where the diamondbacks play the mets and giants, they have 9 straight against the dodgers and rockies, 6 of those against the dodgers. Marlins need to take care of their own business though or else it doesnt really matter.

Comment

• Ugh Straily giving them the lead right back with a homer.

Comment

• No comments on the Ichiro homer? That was probably the biggest hit of the year. 432 feet!

Then G follows it up with 46, fun times boys.

Comment

• Got home just in time to see Ichiro getting love in the dugout and Stanton and Ozuna to hit their HR's. Huge hits. Nola was the biggest impediment to sweeping today. Need to close this one out and take care of business in the 2nd game.

Straily deserves a lot of credit too, horrific first inning in the first game of a double header not only giving up 2 runs but throwing 30 something pitches. Settled down and went 6 somehow. Would be so cool to get back to .500 tonight.

Comment

• I really want them to go to the playoffs. Do it for Felo!

Comment

• 9-5. Was just about to comment why McGowan was even in the game right now against this team rather than try to sneak an innings eater for the last 2 innings. Close this shit down.

Comment

• Mcgowan has been shitty since the break.

Comment

Working...
                                X