X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET IT DONE
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      GET IT DONE
      cant imagine a 4/$48 doesn't get that done quick

Comment

• Just when yankes are said to be "cooling" on Headley. Maybe he wont be too expensive.
        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• FINALLY! After we secure that, need to trade Eovaldi/Cishek for a second baseman and this team is ready to roll. Still not sold on McGehee though at any position as a starter.

Comment

• @JeffPassan: Sources: Clubs being told Chase Headley has a four-year offer for ~$65M. @JonHeymanCBS says Marlins interested. Unclear if that's the team.
            Twitter

Ugh.. That's a lot of $

Comment

• Too much.

Comment

• WAY too much. hope it isn't us
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Do we have to overpay due to our reputation? Guess we will find out. It does give us a solid 3rd baseman for the next 4 years at least.

Comment

• It's an overpay, but I think I'd be fine with that total, to be completely honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                      Just when yankes are said to be "cooling" on Headley. Maybe he wont be too expensive.
                      Not really cooling just only willing to go 3 yrs

This was the Sandoval plan before he got to expensive. Move Casey to 1B

They were trying to deal Jones or Salty to Toronto to clear some money but they our now out since they got Saunders

Some talk about NYY-Cishek could be a top option for them if they pass on Miller/Robertson.

On Oakland-they have liked Adam Conley/Brent Keys in the past

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                        Do we have to overpay due to our reputation? Guess we will find out. It does give us a solid 3rd baseman for the next 4 years at least.
                        .874, .747, .769

These are his last 3 OPSes. 2012 was his only career OPS over .773. The defense is really nice, but he's turning 31 in May. Paying a 35 year old .700 OPS third baseman $18 million in a few years is going to be a tough pill to swallow.

Comment

• If he has a 4/$65M deal on the table, why hasn't he signed yet? Unlikely he gets anything better.

Comment

• I mean, it's crazy how much of an outlier 2012 was. You take that out, you're talking about 12 HR and 61 RBI over a 162 game season and a career .261/.330/.390 slash line.

Comment

• In petco. 113 career ops+

The tv deal is up in 3 years? If it's us, probably something like 10/13/15/27. Paying a lot for his age 34 season. But beltre is still a great defender at 35.

Still way too much money

Comment

• And again, that OPS+ figure includes the huge outlier of 2012. 105 OPS+ before that season, 109 OPS+ in the 2 seasons since. He's a slightly above average hitter and an above average fielder. He makes the team better. Not on a 4 year deal that's that expensive.
                                --------------------
                                Not to mention, it's not like Marlins Park is a hitter's paradise. In fact it was worse than Petco for home runs last year.
                                Last edited by emkayseven; 12-04-2014, 02:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X