Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Marlins Win Their First Road Game on 4/22? Does a Bear Shit in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Did the Marlins Win Their First Road Game on 4/22? Does a Bear Shit in the Woods?

Did Jose Fernandez fan 14 with ease?

OH YEAH

Marlins 1

Braves nil

He's so dreamy
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

We won.
      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

13.36 K/9, 1.71 BB/9, 1.99 ERA through five starts for Jose.

Trying to think of a better run for a Marlins' starter in recent years. Jose in July last year.
        --------------------
        RT @Spokes_Murphy: There have been 3 times since 2004 that a pitcher 21 YO or younger has K'd at least 14 batters in game. Jose Fernandez has 2 of those games
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-22-2014, 08:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        poop

Comment

Steve Cishek's last blown save was in Philadelphia last year on the 4th of June.

Since that blown save, Cishek's #'s are...
          Innings: 52.2
          ERA: 1.03
          WHIP: 0.89
          K/BB: 62/12
          Saves: 33/33

5 of the 6 ER's he's allowed during this span of games came in two appearances in which he was asked to go more than one inning. Pretty impressive.

Comment

He's absolutely dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
              Steve Cishek's last blown save was in Philadelphia last year on the 4th of June.

5 of the 6 ER's he's allowed during this span of games came in two appearances in which he was asked to go more than one inning. Pretty impressive.
              Only thing is his velocity has been down so far this year. Hasn't affected him but something to keep an eye out for.
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

3 MPH on his slider and sinker. Hadn't eve noticed.
                --------------------
                The Braves swung at 57 of Jose's pitches tonight. They missed on 26 of them. That's crazy.
                --------------------
                Induced a whiff on 23.9 percent of his pitches tonight. Previous career high was 19.6 in that PIT start last season. This was him at his best.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-23-2014, 01:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post

And none of the 6 earned runs were in save situations. 30.1 scoreless innings in save situations.

Comment

So far as I can tell, only one starter has Jose beat in swinging strike percentage for a single start, and that's Ervin Santana on 4/14. Jose finished at 23.9 last night, Ervin was at 25.0 in his.

There's no way to search this easily, but I just did a quick glance at the game logs for the top-10 in K/9 each of the last three seasons, and none have had a start with a swinging strike percentage of 23.9. That's dudes like Kershaw, Scherzer, Anibal, Harvey, et al.

As far as I can tell, this was an exceptionally rare performance.

He also induced a swing-and-miss on 38% of the fastballs opposing hitters swung at last night. That's kinda unheard of.
                    poop

Comment

This was no-hitter type stuff. Obviously the no-hitter was gone from the get go but you just got that feeling watching him that he could have done it.

He's so fun to watch.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Wow great notes here guys. Not many teams would be able to put up a single run on us in an 8inn, 1inn split between Jose and the Shrek. That's a playoff type duo right there.

Another interesting bit: last night pitchers from both teams combine for 28Ks and 0 BBs, that's the most Ks combined without walks in a game since 1900. Truly one of the best pitching duals EVER! I'm glad I was watching
                        --------------------
                        Caminero sent down, Capps recalled.
                        Last edited by BigGameFish; 04-23-2014, 08:45 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Offer him a 6 year contract with an option. Tick tock.

Comment

While checking Capps' stats in AAA, I noticed Henry Rodriguez's absurd stat line so far this year. 0.79 ERA despite a 1.59 WHIP and 13 walks, and 22 K's in 11 1/3 innings. LOL

Comment

Though I will hate to see Cishek go, it would be interesting to see what kind of package of ML-ready talent we could pull in a trade for him. Especially if he is still on this save streak by the deadline period.
                              --------------------
                              For discussion's sake (and because I don't know much about closer value), here is Ugeth Urbina's '03 stat line with Texas before we acquired him for Adrian Gonzalez.

W- 0 L- 4 ERA - 4.19 G - 39 SV - 26 IP -38.2 H -33 R - 19 ER - 18 HR - 6 BB -18 K - 41 WHIP- 1.319

According to Baseball America, A-Gonz was our 3rd rated prospect after the 2002 season, and was the #1 prospect for the Rangers after the trade. Miggy was ahead of him in that 2002 ranking. Texas also agreed to send $1.5mil to the Marlins in that trade, and we sent two other prospects (Ryan Snare and Will Smith). Gonz, as many of you probably know, was a former #1 overall pick.

I would insert Cishek's stats here as an analogy to UU's stat line above, but you all have cataloged them very well in the posts above.

We already have a top prospect at third, a SS with a good glove and hitting well now...I think we have options at second with Dietrich...Salty is on a deal long enough where getting a catching prospect would be a waste of Cishek's value...so maybe first base or a top Ace-quality starter? Our outfield is stacked both on the club and in the minors.
                              Last edited by BigGameFish; 04-23-2014, 09:56 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                              X