Nathan Eovaldi Lifts Marlins to Win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan Eovaldi Lifts Marlins to Win

Eovaldi looked good! Marlins win! Cishek is still great!
    poop

No way we don't win 112 games, fellas.

Stanton made a real nice catch early in this game.

Nice to win a 1 run affair early in the year!

Comment

I actually thought he looked good defensively in this game, which is a silly thing to think in any game.
      poop

Comment

4th 2-0 start in franchise history (97, 07, 09, 14).

Comment

I'd be very interested to see how many games we won last year while being outhit by 4 or more hits
          --------------------
          I think that shows a lot when it comes to making the most of scenarios when guys are on base. Stanton stealing third was a big play in the game
          Last edited by BigGameFish; 04-01-2014, 08:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

If the Marlins continue scoring on 63.6% of their baserunners while their starters combine for a 2.25 ERA, they may go undefeated this season. #advancedanalysis
            --------------------
            I'm becoming attached to Steve Cishek. He's so good.
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-01-2014, 09:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            poop

Comment

2 wins after 2 games with roof open. Last year we won 1 game with roof open. It means nothing, but it's a nice stat to put out there.

This team has such a great feel to it compared to last year. It feels as if everyone is "in" for this. Hopefully they do well this season and fans start coming out.

Comment

I'll be sad to see Cishek go. I hope this doesn't turn into our next Trevor Hoffman.
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

It's a good thing all those people who went to yesterday's game filled up the game thread.

Do we make it through April with daily game threads?
                  poop

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    2 wins after 2 games with roof open. Last year we won 1 game with roof open. It means nothing, but it's a nice stat to put out there.

This team has such a great feel to it compared to last year. It feels as if everyone is "in" for this. Hopefully they do well this season and fans start coming out.
                    Regarding your "everyone is in" note, I wholeheartedly agree. I might typically say that it's easy to say these things in a short time frame and with the confirmation bias of two games, but dating back to about early February, all the quotes I've read and interviews I've watched and just generally watching the guys have fun and smile leads me to agree with you. I see it too. I think it all starts with Jose Fernandez and has been amplified by Saltalamacchia. Others like Henderson Alvarez, Ozuna, McGhee, Cishek and even Mike Redmond all seem to have that "in"- factor and I think it spreads like wildfire in the clubhouse and can get even better when the team is winning. The Heat have had this since LeBron has been here - he has that same fun loving attitude that is contagious and positive for the team during lulls.

As for what that really means, maybe that we tie up losing streaks quicker and can keep hot streaks longer. That guys will pick each other up. Maybe even get better performance out of the top guys like Stanton because they're more relaxe and "in" to being a part of the fun. We'll see. So far it doesn't take a baseball genius to see that this team is a lot different that what we were last season.
                    STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

If the Marlins ever trade Cishek, I will complain online.

Comment

This team has "it"

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                          If the Marlins ever trade Cishek, I will complain online.
                          The only way I see him on the team August 1st is if he is on the disabled list....

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                            This team has "it"
                            "it" meaning Adeiny Hechavarria

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                              The only way I see him on the team August 1st is if he is on the disabled list....
                              It was said somewhat in jest.

Still, his value to us as closer is bigger than what he'd net in a return. I don't see other teams valuing Cishek at the level that he performs at.

Comment

Working...
                              X