• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omg this is the blocking the plate rule all over again

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Just wow. If this lane thing happens again

- - - - - - - - - -

I don't care. Rodney sucks but a win is a win.

Comment

No surprise here but it's official now, Stanton out for the year.

- - - - - - - - - -

At what point do you stop thinking that he's just unlucky with injuries and that you just aren't going to get more than a 125-130 games out of Stanton per year?

- - - - - - - - - -

You gotta go get Carlos Gomez or somebody now. Somebody who can at least produce a little power.

Comment

Move him to 1b. Can't hurt, fills a hole, we can trade Bour, and a RF is easier to fill than 1b.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Move him to 1b. Can't hurt, fills a hole, we can trade Bour, and a RF is easier to fill than 1b.
            DD in left, Yelich in center and Ozuna in right. Stanton at 1st. I feel like he would hurt his back then fielding a ground ball lol

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Gearing up for the stretch run!!

Conley and the Bigger Hurt(More for time on DL) sent to DL while Cervenka and Andino up. Guess Destin Hood,Scruggs dont add much but power. Guessing Andino gets the call up to replace DD as the backup at 2B/3B and will let him play LF as Yelich moves to CF and Ozuna to RF

- - - - - - - - - -

U move DD to LF and Andino becomes the backup at 2B/3B with Johnson,Rojas and DD at 1B.

Andino STARTING at 2B today

Also Bigger Hurt getting MRI today which means the groin strain will turn into a torn groin.
              Like predicted. U are welcome

- - - - - - - - - -

Mattingly saying Chen likely to be out the rest of the year. Shocking.
              This is news? Strained elbow in July has 2 endings-out for season for rest OR out for season for TJ

- - - - - - - - - -

Francoeur,ARod,Gomez are all the the list

Comment

tjfla, what an AMAZINGLY bold prediction. HOW DID YOU KNOW STANTON WOULD BE OUT FOR THE SEASON????????????

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                  No surprise here but it's official now, Stanton out for the year.

- - - - - - - - - -

At what point do you stop thinking that he's just unlucky with injuries and that you just aren't going to get more than a 125-130 games out of Stanton per year?

- - - - - - - - - -

You gotta go get Carlos Gomez or somebody now. Somebody who can at least produce a little power.
                  I'd rather give Xavier Scruggs the ABs. He's been killing it all year in New Orleans. Deserving of a call up. He really should've been up when Bour went down.

Comment

Hope everyone is OK and heals up, ready for next year.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                      Hope everyone is OK and heals up, ready for next year.
                      Ok, man. I can't take it anymore. We all hope players are ok when they get hurt but when your sole contribution to this board is "hope he is ok" when someone gets hurt, maybe this forum isn't for you.

Hope you're ok with that.

Comment

a RF is easier to fill than 1b.
                        you keep saying this and i don't understand where it's coming from

Giancarlo Stanton has the 11th highest WAR among qualified RFers. If he were playing 1B he'd have the 14th highest WAR. Of course that doesn't take into account the fact that he's never played 1B and could be bad enough defensively to cause his WAR to drop.

Mookie Betts is having an MVP-type season. You remove him from the WAR list and it stands like this:

RFers
                        WAR over 4: 1
                        WAR over 3: 1
                        WAR over 2: 7

1B
                        WAR over 4: 2
                        WAR over 3: 6
                        WAR over 2: 2

So where do you come up with it's easier to find RF than 1B?

And what is it about Stanton that makes us think he can just play 1B having never played the position a day in his life?
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                          Ok, man. I can't take it anymore. We all hope players are ok when they get hurt but when your sole contribution to this board is "hope he is ok" when someone gets hurt, maybe this forum isn't for you.

Hope you're ok with that.
                          Instead of eating a frog. He ate a parrot repeating the same line over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                            you keep saying this and i don't understand where it's coming from

Giancarlo Stanton has the 11th highest WAR among qualified RFers. If he were playing 1B he'd have the 14th highest WAR. Of course that doesn't take into account the fact that he's never played 1B and could be bad enough defensively to cause his WAR to drop.

Mookie Betts is having an MVP-type season. You remove him from the WAR list and it stands like this:

RFers
                            WAR over 4: 1
                            WAR over 3: 1
                            WAR over 2: 7

1B
                            WAR over 4: 2
                            WAR over 3: 6
                            WAR over 2: 2

So where do you come up with it's easier to find RF than 1B?

And what is it about Stanton that makes us think he can just play 1B having never played the position a day in his life?
                            That is specifically RF, but im saying finding quality OF's in general is easier than finding a good, long term 1b. Mostly I want to keep him from running around and diving all over the OF. ITs probably semantics but 1b is easier to play and easier on the body than RF. Stanton has missed the end of the last 3 years, it's at least something to think about.

Comment

Jon MorosiVerified account ‏@jonmorosi 10m10 minutes ago
                              Alex Rodriguez’s release waivers expire today at 1 p.m. ET, after which he can sign with an @MLB club. @JoeFrisaro says #Marlins interested.

Going to be a fun day.

Comment

Working...
                              X