Marlins Acquire Andrew Cashner and Colin Rea from Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
    Bowden has him in it. Which doesn't instill me with confidence.

But I'm not arguing he won't be, just want to see more confirmation.
    Ya like said heard could be more coming to us which would make sense if Castillo was in it

Comment

If this is the deal (with nobody else coming our way) could we not have gotten one better controllable guy instead of both Cashner and Rae?

Comment

Like who?

The market is ridiculous right now.

Comment

I have no idea, I'm just asking.

Comment

Rea is pretty controllable right now. Love that Cashner isn't locked into a long term deal too

(not that I love either pitcher, but should be an upgrade, especially with the Marlins defense vs the Padres)

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              My feelings about the deal are pretty meh. I'm more annoyed about how things have transpired over time to the point where this is the "best" the Marlins could do when they are in a position to compete. Going cheap and not making smart choices in drafts have come back to hurt at a time they are finally fielding a competitive team.
              The DSL and NYPL teams don't even have double digit wins yet(Both worst in league)and the GCL team has 13 wins but also has 23 yr olds on the team. Hard to win when have no talent

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
              If this is the deal (with nobody else coming our way) could we not have gotten one better controllable guy instead of both Cashner and Rae?
              See this is the issue with our system.Naylor and Castillo were our 2 best prospects however in a normal system they are likely 7-12 guys. So while we are offering them to teams,other teams are actually offering TOP guys.

Not only that some teams see Naylor as a AL guy and Castillo as a RP which hurts their market even more

Comment

I think Rea is a slight upgrade to Cosart, but if it turns out to be Naylor, Castillo, and Cosart for Cashner and Rea. It's not a back-breaking trade in my opinion, but it just really shows how much we backed ourselves into a corner with our financial decisions over the past couple of years.

Comment

I don't care much for Naylor

that having been said, no we we move Naylor/Castillo/Cosart and just get Rea and Cashner, even in this market. There's gotta be a third piece coming back, unless the Padres are eating all of Cashner's salary or something, but even then, christ
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

That's a lot to give up out of a pretty thin system for a guy who probably wouldn't / shouldn't start a hypothetical game 2 anyway. Fun symbolism though. Like Nick Johnson in '09.

Comment

and honestly I think losing Castillo would hurt more than losing Naylor, even though obviously he's only 19, but as of right now he's a light-hitting 1st baseman with a mediocre average hitting in what is usually a very hitter-friendly park.

Comment

Stark just tweeted that the Rays asked for Yelich AND Realmuto for Odorizzi or Moore.

Comment

Stark just tweeted that the Rays asked for Yelich AND Realmuto for Odorizzi or Moore.

Comment

If I see one more "Jeffrey loria going for it" comment I'm gonna fucking blow a gasket. Fucking terrible deal to give away assets for a not so good pitcher for the opportunity to play Kershaw on the road in a one game scenario. This does nothing to move any needle

Comment

ground-ball Cashner going to a team with an infield that's 32 runs better for his contract stretch run has to make his agent joker smile.

Comment

Didnt hear Realmuto but know they asked for Yelich or Ozuna for Odorizzi and we said BYE,our counter was Hech,Naylor,Castillo more they said BYE

Comment

Working...
                                X