Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the fuck are you talking about

Comment

I'd rather not trade a guy with a team friendly contract for the next 4 years to try to push for a single pipe dream playoff birth. As short sighted as it gets.

I honestly don't give a fuck about making the playoffs this season. This is a young team. It'd be awesome to make it, but I wouldn't do anything that hurts long-term to do it. Win 82-83 games, spend a little money in the off-season (probably a pipe dream), go from there.

Comment

Marlins president David Samson watched while having a sushi dinner in Germany.

"Ichiro gets a hit in the first inning and I loudly cheer," Samson said.

The sushi chef was watching the game as well.

"He looks at the TV and says, 'Ichiro!' And the first thing he does is put down the tuna and extend his hand, and then he reaches to pull up his white coat like it's Ichiro's jersey and gets into Ichiro's batting stance,'' Samson said of the chef. "That to me was the most symbolic moment as it relates to Ichiro and his career.

"He transcends borders and demographics and religion and race. He does something very few people do. He does his job.''
        http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/16...er-hits-totals

0% chance that story is true right?

a) What are the odds a sushi restaurant in Germany is playing an MLB game of two small market teams (or any MLB game), or even pays to have those channels? Samson says the chef looked at the TV, so it isn't like he was watching on MLB At Bat app

b) What are the odds said restaurant has a chef who knows Ichiro's stance that well?

c) The game started (started!) at 10pm in Germany yesterday. Ichiro's hit was in the 9th inning so after midnight. Are we seriously believing the existence of a sushi restaurant in Germany that's open past midnight on a Wednesday night and not only pays to carry satellite MLB games but also cares enough to air them in their restaurant?
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

It's David Samson, he's full of shit.

Comment

When I read German guy extends his hand, I thought that was going somewhere else

Comment

And the sushis chefs name?

Albert Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/16...er-hits-totals

0% chance that story is true right?

a) What are the odds a sushi restaurant in Germany is playing an MLB game of two small market teams (or any MLB game), or even pays to have those channels? Samson says the chef looked at the TV, so it isn't like he was watching on MLB At Bat app

b) What are the odds said restaurant has a chef who knows Ichiro's stance that well?

c) The game started (started!) at 10pm in Germany yesterday. Ichiro's hit was in the 9th inning so after midnight. Are we seriously believing the existence of a sushi restaurant in Germany that's open past midnight on a Wednesday night and not only pays to carry satellite MLB games but also cares enough to air them in their restaurant?
                Well, you do know that MLB games are on in Kenya in the early morning hours to kill dead air time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raLBXjEUrvY

Comment

Working...
                X