Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'd like to keep Eovaldi and then move either Koehler or Eovaldi to the pen once Jose comes back. Package Jones and Cishek for prospects. Sign Shields, LaRoche, and a left-handed outfield bat/pinch-hitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      I think I'd like to keep Eovaldi and then move either Koehler or Eovaldi to the pen once Jose comes back. Package Jones and Cishek for prospects. Sign Shields, LaRoche, and a left-handed outfield bat/pinch-hitter.
      Eovaldi at $3 million is to much for the bullpen.

Cishek and Jones for a good young infielder is a dream scenario.

Shields, LaRoche, and a lefty bench guy is going to cost, minimum, $30 million. Adding that to the team ditching Cishek and Jones costs closer to $70. Which really should be doable but maybe on the highend of what they are thinking.

Don't love LaRoche, but wouldn't be opposed to a 2 year deal. Still feel they'd be 1 good player (or getting 1 extra WAR out of Hech, Salty, and McGehee, or getting a top end projection explosion from Cosart or Heaney) away from being considered a wild card team though.

Comment

• i just....

there's no reason they can't have an $85 million payroll.
        --------------------
        26 teams had a payroll of at least $80 million last season.

amazing that I can't be pleased with this team 30 minutes after they announced a giancarlo freaking stanton extension.
        --------------------
        legitimately mad about this, i need to go get lunch
        Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-19-2014, 11:01 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          i just....

there's no reason they can't have an $85 million payroll.
          --------------------
          26 teams had a payroll of at least $80 million last season.

amazing that I can't be pleased with this team 30 minutes after they announced a giancarlo freaking stanton extension.
          --------------------
          legitimately mad about this, i need to go get lunch
          I agree... but I think its encouraging they can still realistically field a killer team in the $60-70 range, and only have to sacrifice an expensive reliever really

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            Eovaldi at $3 million is to much for the bullpen.
            Even best case scenario. No injuries, and Jose comes back early July. Eovaldi still probably makes 17-18 starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
              I agree... but I think its encouraging they can still realistically field a killer team in the $60-70 range, and only have to sacrifice an expensive reliever really
              Fuck that.

seriously. Fuck that.
              --------------------
              $80 million isn't asking a lot. That should be the bare fucking minimum.

I don't see how they can say they are serious about competing when they're unwilling to even be 27th in payroll. This is ridiculous.

They've drawn a million more fans than the Indians over the last three seasons combined, and their opening day payroll has been $37 million less over that time.

What was the point of dumping all that salary and going cheap the last two seasons if not to save up and go for it?

And it's stupid that "go for it" is "be 26th in payroll."
              Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-19-2014, 11:09 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              poop

Comment

• I agree with Bobbob.

Comment

• Like, I don't care that they can maybe field an 86-win team for $65 million. I don't care about spending more efficiently than the Cubs. That's not the point. The point is, if they're not willing to be a major-league franchise now, when they finally did the right thing with Stanton, what's the fucking point?

$80 million should be the minimum, based on the economics of the league right now. $100 million should be normal.

If they're "hoping" they can get to $100 million with a new TV contract, then maybe there shouldn't be an MLB franchise in Miami.
                  poop

Comment

• Laroche is the 1B plan IF they can find someone to take Jones OR Salty. They are trying to package 1 of them with Cishek(which would mean 1 less prospect in the deal)

SP is the priority right now and seems they even told Stanton that. Shields is the target BUT he might be too much. They want a solid SP tho-no 1 yr innings eater that may work

3 yr 30 million for Stanton OR Billy Butler?? GREAT DEAL

Comment

• $60 million payroll and adam fucking laroche taking up 20% of it.

I'm gonna hate this team.
                      poop

Comment

$60 million payroll and adam fucking laroche taking up 20% of it.

I'm gonna hate this team.
                        I'm sure $60MM is not a concrete number. I would think it will be more like $70MM.

Comment

• Yay, instead of being 29th in payroll they'll be 29th.
                          poop

Comment

Yay, instead of being 29th in payroll they'll be 29th.
                            If they're able to put the right pieces together and build a contender, who cares?

Comment

• The margin for error gets smaller and smaller the lower your payroll is. That's why you should care.

There's an obvious path to 90-plus wins with this team, if they just go to $85 million. That shouldn't be asking too much. It's really not asking anything at all. It would have given them the 25th largest payroll last opening day. The Twins had an $85 million payroll last year.

Maybe they can juggle five balls at once while walking the tightrope of a $60 million payroll and get to the same place, but it's so much more difficult. Why should we be OK with that? Why can't we expect them to operate like 29 other major-league franchises do?

I thought re-signing Stanton was going to actually lead to a change in the way they do business. I would hope we all did. This is not encouraging at all.
                              poop

Comment

• I think that's the big thing. We are easily one of the top teams on paper with a 90m payroll. This wouldn't be 2012 with a huge payroll and projections of a .500 team. We'd be 90+ wins, easy

Comment

Working...
                                X