No announcement yet.

Kolby Copeland, CF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a draft board, I'm just a guy who watches on tv (not the MLB draft, that shit is awful).
    --------------------
    Plus, I've already said I'd personally draft them, I just understand why some wouldn't.
    Last edited by HUGG; 03-05-2013, 09:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The question is why he refused to take the offseason drug test. If he is using PED, I highly doubt alcohol use is a good predictor of that. Whereas teen alcohol use is a predictor of other substance use. But Beef is correct in saying it is not a good reason to pass on drafting a guy. It's naive to think that high schoolers have not had a drink and the legal limit (BAC level) for people under 21 is significantly lower than those above the legal drinking age. He may have had a couple beers sat around for a few hours and then drove home with a BAC under .08 and still have gotten a DUI. That also may have been a sole incident of him drinking in high school where he happened to get caught.

Comment

From my understanding of PED testing, they will get called randomly in the off-season and they will say "be at this location tomorrow." If the player is out of town, they are screwed. I just remember a talk the trainers had with the team at the conclusion of a season about off-season drug testing.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          From my understanding of PED testing, they will get called randomly in the off-season and they will say "be at this location tomorrow." If the player is out of town, they are screwed. I just remember a talk the trainers had with the team at the conclusion of a season about off-season drug testing.
          Hopefully this is it-just a bad thing when a guy refuses it tho

He is still a decent prospect just sucks that he won't be around till the NYPL starts. He could use the AB's

Comment

Shouldn't Copeland be back by now?
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Guessing there had to be some other issues in why he hasn't played yet?

Comment

kirby pls cum bak :'(
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                X