This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    If Dunn is still here next year he'll grab the lead for most games pitched by a Marlin.

Fucking Christ.
    HAHAH the best part is we have 3/4 guys who could replace him tommorrow. Lose his salary(Another 3.5 million to spend on Chen) and get a prospect or 2 and they still wont trade him

Comment

• Miley to Seattle for Elias and Carson Smith

All guys we liked

Hearing Ozuna could be in play for SD as well
      Last edited by tjfla; 12-07-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Do we have any interest at all in Chapman?
        That Dodgers deal is apparently not official and multiple teams are interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
          Do we have any interest at all in Chapman?
          That Dodgers deal is apparently not official and multiple teams are interested.
          Some but think more interest in younger SP. NYY has also checked in on Jose with some "insiders" saying that he COULD be dealt but if he is more likely to LAD. The issue with the Yankees is while they have nice prospects who we like(Bird/Lindgren/Gary Sanchez/Mason Williams/Mateo/Kaprielian) would they deal Aaron Judge and Severino PLUS 2 maybe 3 of those guys for say Jose and Carter Capps?

The Dodgers could start a deal with Urias and Seager(3B solved) and if needed add Grant Holmes/De Leon/Joc(who Mattingly loves) for Jose and Ozuna

- - - - - - - - - -

They are "talking" I guess u could say to LAD and NYY about Jose but nothing is close at all.

Hearing the 2 Top Names in each proposal

LAD-Urias/Seager(Who they dont wanna deal)
          NYY-Judge/Severino(Who they dont wanna deal)

Arizona also interested but not as much since Grienke signing and maybe Leake.

- - - - - - - - - -

If people are around tonight it could be a fun night!!!

We are said to be very active in talks with a number of teams about alot of guys

- - - - - - - - - -

To my point!! However the 5 or 6 great young players would be for Jose and Ozuna OR Jose and Capps

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS · 9m9 minutes ago
          Marlins said to be seeking "5 or 6" great young players in trade for Jose, one gm says. Many MLB ready too.

Comment

• Urias + Seager + Joc + Chapman for Jose and Ozuna, dure.
            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
              Urias + Seager + Joc + Chapman for Jose and Ozuna, dure.
              Think they are waiting for

Urias,Seager,Joc,Holmes OR De Leon and something else for Jose and Ozuna. Then try to flip Prado somewhere for an arm OR Judge,Severino,Bird,Kaprielian OR Lindgren and more for Jose and Capps. Then flip Ozuna somewhere for a SP(SD has said to been in contact)

NYY is said to be looking at multiple Marlins medical reports

They arent as high on Chapman as people think. He is a FA after the 2016 season

- - - - - - - - - -

Dont forget they talked to NYY about Capps at the deadline. So they have done alot of homework on the prospects.

If they can talk Severino/Lindgren/Aaron Judge/Eric Jagielo/Bird for Jose and Capps. 5 ML Ready guys!!! Gives u 3 bats and 2 nice arms. Gotta think they would be all over that. It then lets them trade Ozuna easier(Remember he isnt on the block yet BS) to say SD for Andrew Cashner or even try for Ross?

- - - - - - - - - -

First move of Winter Meetings

Claimed Mike Strong Who??? Just a LH Reliever who is 27. Another guy lining up for Mike Dunn's spot only to be told Dunn is a Marlin 4 Life!!

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...ching/2015/ALL
              Last edited by tjfla; 12-07-2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• If a trade were to happen, I hope it's with the Dodgers, not the Yankees.

Comment

• Pedro Gomez on sportscenter just now said that the Diamondbacks have been the team he's heard as the most aggressive on Fernandez. Says AJ Pollock has been the key piece that the D-Backs may be using to try and see if a deal can get done.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    Pedro Gomez on sportscenter just now said that the Diamondbacks have been the team he's heard as the most aggressive on Fernandez. Says AJ Pollock has been the key piece that the D-Backs may be using to try and see if a deal can get done.
                    I like Pollack, but he's not nearly enough.

Comment

• Why do I get this haunting feeling that this is just lining up to be Cabrera 2.0?

And good god, don't trade him to the Dodgers. I hate that team.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                        Pedro Gomez on sportscenter just now said that the Diamondbacks have been the team he's heard as the most aggressive on Fernandez. Says AJ Pollock has been the key piece that the D-Backs may be using to try and see if a deal can get done.
                        Yep BUT the issue with Arizona is they dont really have what we want which is why #3. They are willing to give more guys but not as much "quality". Heard they were having some 3 way talks with Jose and pieces to Arizona/Pollock and a MIF from Arizona to Atlanta and Corbin,Aaron Blair OR Braden Shipley and prospects from Atlanta.

They would prefer Seager and Urias. If not then NYY. They had been telling Arizona they don't have to trade Jose. In other words Arizona doesn't have the bat they want which is why Pollock has become the key piece which we really dont want.

- - - - - - - - - -

According to Buster Olney tho Jose trade % went from 1% to around 40% now.

They want that young ML pitcher(Urias/Severino) young bat(Seager/Judge),another young arm(De Leon or Holmes/Lindgren) plus MORE. Neither Arizona or Atlanta have that young cheap bat

Comment

• Packaging Jose and Ozuna makes sense, and I feel like a return of Seager/Urias/Pederson plus prospects in the Dodgers #8-12 range make sense for both sides. Marlins fill need at 3B in Seager, the top tier pitching prospect we wished Kolek would be (Urias), and the good outfielder to replace Ozuna with in Pederson.

It's obvious if we're trading Jose, we're going to have to gut some of a team's farm system. Jose has three years of team control at 23 years old. I don't think anybody like him has ever hit the open market before. If we're going to trade him down the line anyway, why not take out one of the best farm systems in baseball while we're at it?

Obviously a good team finds a way to keep an elite guy like Jose, but if the front office must get rid of him, giving him to LA makes sense. Let the Dodgers go win a World Series with Jose and we'll see if Seager/Urias/Pederson can all hit their potential.

Comment

• Guess Jose is not available just like Ozuna isnt

Marlins president of baseball operations Michael Hill told Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald (on Twitter) that Fernandez is “not available
                            .”

In other words he is,we just havent found the package yet

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post
                            Packaging Jose and Ozuna makes sense, and I feel like a return of Seager/Urias/Pederson plus prospects in the Dodgers #8-12 range make sense for both sides. Marlins fill need at 3B in Seager, the top tier pitching prospect we wished Kolek would be (Urias), and the good outfielder to replace Ozuna with in Pederson.

It's obvious if we're trading Jose, we're going to have to gut some of a team's farm system. Jose has three years of team control at 23 years old. I don't think anybody like him has ever hit the open market before. If we're going to trade him down the line anyway, why not take out one of the best farm systems in baseball while we're at it?

Obviously a good team finds a way to keep an elite guy like Jose, but if the front office must get rid of him, giving him to LA makes sense. Let the Dodgers go win a World Series with Jose and we'll see if Seager/Urias/Pederson can all hit their potential.
                            Well that is what we are trying to talk them into it looks like but Seager seems to be the sticking point for them. According to Mike Hill both are not available BUT earlier they were talking a Ozuna and Jose to LAD deal which is why the Chapman deal has been put on hold.

Comment

• Well the Dodgers have a third base option without Seager in Justin Turner, who with an .861 OPS last season is really good. The problem would be whether or not they trust Peraza at SS next season. He's pretty good and only 21 years old, but his offensive abilities aren't fully developed yet. Being in win now mode, they may want a more established player, although they could very easily move Kike Hernandez to SS and have Austin Barnes play 2nd base (hey look, Marlins players being used correctly on a team).

The thing I see is that the Dodgers have a plethora of backup options at nearly every position if needed, giving them the luxury to give up all these players in a Marlins trade and still being able to field competent players at those positions. It's amazing the team you can build with money in put in the team and a great GM behind the wheel. I feel like Friedman knows just how rare of an occasion it is to be able to get Jose Fernandez at a price far far far beyond what the starting pitcher market is commanding right now. He knows that a farm system can be replenished, but a player like Jose Fernandez only comes along every so often. Plus, the Dodgers can afford to sign him and keep him a Dodger forever. Unless the Marlins make their offers completely unreasonable, I feel like the Dodgers will offer what is needed to get Jose.

Comment

• I am waiting for someone to blow us away with a package like Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, Mike Rabelo, Eulogio De La Cruz, Dallas Trahern and Burke Badenhop.

Comment

Working...
                                X