Welcome to Last Place, Another Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    As of June 16th, we have dominated that trade (everything considered)
    As of June 16th:

Omar Infante: 0.5 WAR
    Mike Dunn: -0.3 WAR

If you want to include players that the Uggla trade allowed us to get...

John Buck: 1.1 WAR
    Javy Vazquez: -0.1 WAR

I'd say you have to get more production than that to "dominate" a trade.

Uggla has been absolute garbage this year, but I have trouble believing that he's gone from a ~4 WAR player (on average) to absolute garbage. His .193 .BABIP (dead last in the major leagues) isn't going to last forever.

"Dominated" is overexaggerating.

The only reason why I'm cool with it is because Uggla isn't worth 5 years, and Vazquez/Infante aren't signed long-term. The only long-term commitment right now is Buck, so as I said, "the trade helped us financially." Production-wise for 2011, we haven't gotten much out of it.

Comment

Uggla's walk rate and powe have plummeted to their lowest levels since his rookie season, and his power is the worst it's ever been. This isn't all BABIP related, and his defense is still atrocious.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        Uggla's walk rate and powe have plummeted to their lowest levels since his rookie season, and his power is the worst it's ever been. This isn't all BABIP related, and his defense is still atrocious.
        Perhaps he's had his fair share of 2B's robbed or something.

I just find it hard to believe that a guy who was so consistent for years just became so bad, all of the sudden. Although, I've read some articles saying that when hitters like Uggla decline, they tend to decline at a rapid pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          Perhaps he's had his fair share of 2B's robbed or something.

I just find it hard to believe that a guy who was so consistent for years just became so bad, all of the sudden. Although, I've read some articles saying that when hitters like Uggla decline, they tend to decline at a rapid pace.
          There's a bit of bad luck, yes. But even if he had a .300 BABIP, he'd still probably not put up more than a .750 OPS with the rest of his peripherals.
          poop

Comment

Well thanks to a three-run walk-off bomb by Danny Espinosa, the Marlins are cellar-dwellers all by their lonesome.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

The Wyverns won at least.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                The only reason why I'm cool with it is because Uggla isn't worth 5 years, and Vazquez/Infante aren't signed long-term. The only long-term commitment right now is Buck, so as I said, "the trade helped us financially." Production-wise for 2011, we haven't gotten much out of it.
                And this is why the Marlins dominated that trade. Who really cares about Infante and Vazquez sucking. Payroll flexibility for 4 seasons is worth a lot more. Thank god that asshole isn't on the books in 2015.

Comment

Yeah, if Uggla were here and hitting that poorly with the 4 year extension (which I was in favor of at the time, and quite frankly, still think it was a smart move, slow 2011 or not) this season from hell looks a lot worse.

I mean, you could have JJ having surgery (it's coming, you know it, I know it, and it sucks) and Hanley and Uggla losing their talent all in one year. That's awful. At least now, we have some serious $$ to spend this offseason, and you figure that JJ's contract for 2012 is at least partially insured (because he's never had shoulder issues before, I'd imagine his back is uninsurable) so that, theoretically, is even more money.

Comment

Working...
                  X