No announcement yet.

Giancarlo Stanton, OF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make that 1-2 with a double and 2 walks, he was just intentionally walked.

Now 3 walks
    Last edited by Big Z; 04-27-2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

2-3, 2B & HR today.

And a strikeout. Bum.

10 home runs on the season.
      poop

Comment

Time to go to Nawlins, me thinks.

Comment

Yeah. I would've been cool with him hitting 10 homers over his first two months. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

0 out, bottom of the 8th right now, he's on deck.
          --------------------
          Struck out.

By my count, he's now putting up a .347/.484/.827 line.

28% strikeout percentage, 21% BB percentage.
          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-29-2010, 08:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          poop

Comment

Lordy

Comment

Stanton now leads the league in HR, RBI's, TB, BB, OBP, SLG, OPS, and runs scored

Comment

You forgot awesomeness.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?...sign=ESPNRADIO

Starting around 10min in that podcast Olney talks about Stanton among other top prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    Time to go to Nawlins, me thinks.
                    Moar liek Mawlins.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

One of the beat writer blogs said that the Marlins really aren't concerned with AAA time for Stanton....

Comment

That's all good, well, and fine that they don't care about AAA time. But Stanton needs to play every day, and he's already pretty much mastered AA. If the team isn't yet prepared to bench or trade one of Ross/Cogs/Maybin, then Stanton needs to go to AAA. It may not be much of a jump for him, but they'll at least be some difference, and the change from AA to AAA should at least stave off boredom for a few weeks, while the team is able to find out if Cogs is going to get his shit together.

Comment

Well that's what I was kind of alluding to.

Basically two things, one, they don't seem to care about AAA and, building on that, you have to believe a promotion is nearly imminent. If the team feels the promotion from AA -> AAA is worthless, then where else can he go but to the ML roster.

I don't know why they think AAA is worthless for him; we left Albuquerque for a reason. AAA now stands as a reasonable development level. You want to say the hot-shot pitching is at AA, that's fine, but clearly the hot-shot pitching wants no part of Stanton, so there's no benefit at AA whatsoever now. I'm fine with him spending a month in AAA, I don't think he really needs it, but if we need that month to figure how much longer we're going to let all 3 of our outfielders blow, and make no mistake, they're all atrocious right now, then cool, let's take a few weeks to figure out who sucks the most and sit him.

Comment

469 PA, 52 XBH, 100 H, 129 K, 55 BB
                            .252/.330/.491
                            23 2B, 2 3B, 26 HR
                            33% K, 12% BB

Overall AA stats (did it by hand, but the math looks right.)

So for a 650 PA season:

138 H, 179 K, 76 BB, 32 2B, 3 3B, 36 HR
                            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-30-2010, 06:29 PM.
                            poop

Comment

The thing that annoys me is: outside of Brett Carrol, our outfielders have been pretty crumby and not very useful this season. Finding a place to plug Mike Stanton everyday in the majors could make a huge difference but for some reason we leave him in AA where he has absolutely nothing left to prove. And it downright pisses me off when the front office feeds us bullshit about his number of strikeouts.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Um.

His number of strikeouts certainly isn't a bullshit reason to keep him down. That could absolutely be a killer if he gets called up. Maybe he can overcome it, but maybe not.

It's a knee jerk reaction to call him up and to replace one of our outfielders right now. you have to give them a chance to turn it around before you potentially rush him. There's a whole other level left if we really think he's completely done with AA.
                                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-30-2010, 07:14 PM.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X