No announcement yet.

New Uniforms Discussion: New Uniforms Seen FIRST on SoFlaMarlins.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any legitimate way that us fans can petition to keep teal in as one of the main color schemes? I (along with all of you on this forum) am totally against Loria's plans for removing teal.

Comment

Buy every teal hat available for sale...?

And by 'every,' I mean every single one manufactured. They respond to what sells, and since we don't sell a whole lot of anything, they don't feel a need to keep something around. Not saying I completely I agree with it, identity is important, but I do understand.

Comment

The teal is certainly a color unique to this team. For chrissake, as if there isn't enough blues and reds already.

I agree that using it as a primary color is a bit garish (and dated-looking), but I think the way it is used now--as an accent color--is perfect.

Comment

Rebrand

. . . what a shame, I have always liked the black uni's with teal and silver accents (says South Florida).

Maybe they'll keep the black and use orange and blue as accents - could look nice?

Comment

Somebody asked about this during Samson's segment on the LeBatard Show on 790 AM The Ticket. He stated that teal will not factor in to the team's future color scheme. Final colors have not been decided, but they will be moving in a different direction.

He further went on to say that final colors will likely be revealed at the end of 2011 when the Marlins announce their new logo.

While uncertain about the final colors, he was pretty definitive in saying teal will not be in the picture at all.
            Last edited by CrimsonCane; 05-27-2010, 03:09 AM.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tim5nU3DwIE[/ame]

Comment

i'm really ok with it. i do think it's a pretty 90s color
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yeah, teal is painfully dated. We only had that color because it was "in" during the 90s. Jesus, everything in the early-mid 90s was teal. Hell, even the Detroit Pistons were teal.

*puke*
                  This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I wonder if they would consider making the team name grammatically correct in the rebrand.

Comment

Marlins are one of the few teams where teal fits with the team's identity. Teal + black has become ingrained as part of the Marlins brand. Modernizing the brand would be a better course of action. The current set just needs a few tweaks ala what the Twins did this year.

Marlins dumping teal and black is the NL equivalent of the A's dumping kelly green and gold.

I'll wait for the new set come out before I make the comparison, but the Marlins are in danger of pulling a Blue Jays and Brewers. They had classic looks (80s Brewers and Jays) and dumped them in favor of mediocre substitutes instead of modernizing. I wouldn't be surprised if the Brewers sold more 'MB' merchandise than 'Barley' merchandise.

Comment

Festa -

Agree 100% - the Marlins are black/white with teal trim.

If they don't want to go with teal jerseys - fine, use it as an accent color.

- Fighting Fish

Comment

Samson also said the current uniforms now do not have teal so the color everyone perceives to be teal on the uniforms technically isn't teal.

Comment

what the hell is it then?
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I have no idea but that is what he said yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
                                what the hell is it then?
                                It is officially known as Marlin Blue.

http://www.colorwerx.us/research/Tea...1_SOL_SRGB.png

::rolls eyes::

Comment

Working...
                                X