Marlins Outright Silverio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Outright Silverio

The former Rule V draftee has been outrighted to New Orleans. I'm not sure what the next step is (as in if he can elect minor league free agency or whatnot)
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Do we return him to the Dodgers at all?

Comment

I'm not sure. I would have thought that if we did it would have stated so, but I haven't read anything to suggest that.

Comment

I was always under the impression that if a Rule V guy stays with the team that drafted him the entire season, then they retained his rights, regardless of if he was on the active roster or the disabled list. I could be wrong.

Comment

Yeah, you're wrong. He has so spend at least 90 days on the active roster for them to be able to option him to the minors. My guess is that the Marlins offered him back to LA and they said "no thanks" so they just outrighted him to New Orleans.

Comment

From BA

Rule 5 pick Alfredo Silverio had a second career Tommy John surgery in July and now has missed the entire 2012 and ’13 seasons with serious injuries. That explains how the 26-year-old cleared waivers following his outright assignment, and why the Dodgers, with their outfield depth, did not spend the $25,000 necessary to buy back his rights. Silverio now faces no restrictions as a member of the Marlins organization, assuming he signs a minor league deal with them for 2014 rather than become a minor league free agent in November.

Comment

Lowell, Magic Johnson couldn't pony up 25k

Comment

THANKS JOHNSON
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                X