Adeiny Hechavarria, SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Does this guy have to be the starting shortstop next year?
    If there's not a better long-term option.

Unless we think being competitive is important next year.
    poop

Comment

On a competitive team he is fine too. He saves hits and you don't need some one with a ton of range at 3rd then either. I don't care if he hits as long as he plays D like he has.

Comment

How good he is defensively is questionable.

And he basically needs to be really, really, really good defensively to be valuable considering he's the worst offensive player in baseball (among starters anyway).
        --------------------
        Fangraphs has him at a -1.9 WAR. Baseball-reference has him at -2.1. The guy is terrible. It's funny that he hasn't been demoted/benched for an extended period of time at least once this year.
        Last edited by Erick; 09-20-2013, 11:17 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

It's not that funny.

They think he's a long-term option and don't think any of the other options around are better for the long-term.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            It's not that funny.

They think he's a long-term option and don't think any of the other options around are better for the long-term.
            I guess sad is more appropriate?

Comment

Maybe?

They weren't competing this year. They're not competing next year. Find out what you have. There's literally no downside.
              poop

Comment

Maybe?

They weren't competing this year. They're not competing next year. Find out what you have. There's literally no downside.
                But it would probably be better to experiment with players who have something other than limited upside.

Comment

Name 'em.
                  poop

Comment

Why does he have limited upside?

Comment

There were A LOT of things that went very wrong this year.

Our SS is not one of those things.

Comment

Worst offensive player on the worst offensive team.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Beef View Post
                        Most guys with his minor league track record stay pretty bad.
                        Last edited by Mainge; 09-20-2013, 02:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Yeah, he's probably bad. They also almost certainly don't have any other players I'd rather see play. So, let him fail. I don't see the downside. If they're 3 wins better next year, who gives a crap?
                          poop

Comment

I agree. I just hope he's not a guy they're counting on to be a longterm starter.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              he is

Comment

Name 'em.
                                I think we're misunderstanding each other. I do not think the organization has a better alternative at SS to Hechavarria. I am just pointing out that it sucks because he seems to be the long-term starter. I also don't see much in terms of upside especially offensively. He is a really bad hitter. Just because the pile of crap in the organization at SS is worse than he is doesn't mean the fanbase should be content with him at SS, I don't think. Trades can be made, free agents can be signed.

Hech has arguably been the worst player on this terrible team. I think Brantly would've beat him if he would've gotten more chances to fail, but the point is that Hech has been terrible.
                                --------------------
                                Originally posted by Beef View Post
                                Because he does not get on base enough and he has little power.
                                --------------------
                                Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                There were A LOT of things that went very wrong this year.

Our SS is not one of those things.
                                Yes, the -2 WAR was fantastic.
                                Last edited by Erick; 09-20-2013, 04:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X