No announcement yet.

Marlins Sign Heath Bell to 3 year, $27 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We do not fucking negotiate with terrorists. Get off my plane you commy prick and take your false passport with you!
    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
      But there are other good closer options out on the market that are younger. If Bell were closer to 30, I would have no problem with this. He's good. But we're going to be paying him $9 million a year until he turns 37 and possibly until he turns 38. Would much rather have gone after Madson or one of the other younger closers.
      Name 'em please

Comment

But there are other good closer options out on the market that are younger. If Bell were closer to 30, I would have no problem with this. He's good. But we're going to be paying him $9 million a year until he turns 37 and possibly until he turns 38. Would much rather have gone after Madson or one of the other younger closers.
        Which would have cost much more than Bell.

Comment

I really don't have a problem with the age/money. He's a reallllllly good closer.

Comment

Madson will cost more money, will get a fourth guaranteed year, and is 31.

If you're fine with overpaying Madson, I don't see why you'd have a problem with bell.
            poop

Comment

Cool beans

Comment

Bell's k/9 the last 5 years:

2011: 7.3
                '10: 11.1
                '09: 10.2
                '08: 8.2
                '07: 9.8

Comment

Worrisome

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    Madson will cost more money, will get a fourth guaranteed year, and is 31.

If you're fine with overpaying Madson, I don't see why you'd have a problem with bell.
                    Because Madson is more likely to still be good at the end of his deal. How good do you think Bell is going to be at 38?

Comment

His WHIP was actually lower than 2010.

H/9 7.3 the last 4 years.

Comment

Because Madson is more likely to still be good at the end of his deal. How good do you think Bell is going to be at 38?
                        Still haven't told me about all the much younger closers that are just as good as Bell that we should be signing

Spoiler:
                        there aren't any

Comment

He would cost us more.

Comment

Mibs can you just be fucking happy for once? FUCK
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I don't disagree that Bell is likely to fall off by the end of his deal.

I do disagree that Madson is more likely to be worth his contract. Especially if he gets one like what the Phillies originally agree to.
                              poop

Comment

Look, I have no problem with this deal for 2012. It's the back end of the deal that I don't like.

Comment

Working...
                                X