• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/9 Marlins @ The Winning Machine

Turner is getting rocked.

Uggla is acting like a goober

The Dolphins are on.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Hechavarria is pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
        Hechavarria is pretty bad.
        I don't agree with this at all.

I realize it's a reactionary game thread thing and he's had 2 games in a row with an error.

But I'm gonna have to not agree with that at all.

Comment

He is definitely bad. I enjoy watching him in the field but he is certainly bad.

Maybe one day he'll hit enough to be below average. Today is not that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            I don't agree with this at all.

I realize it's a reactionary game thread thing and he's had 2 games in a row with an error.

But I'm gonna have to not agree with that at all.
            I don't think it's debatable. He's had a terrible year. He's just fun to watch at times because he's smooth on routine plays.

Comment

Like, I don't think one person said he was bad until he made errors on back to back games.

This forum blows sometimes.

Now is one of those times.

Comment

I've never said he was good.

You actually think he's had a good year?

Comment

During a disaster year he hasn't been a disaster.

I think if he had a Top 75 BABIP and didn't make back to back errors, no one would say he is bad.

Comment

Like, I don't think one person said he was bad until he made errors on back to back games.

This forum blows sometimes.

Now is one of those times.
                    I've said several times he shouldn't be a long term starter. I've never called him good or anything more than fun to watch. I'm not even watching this game and I didn't watch the last. I don't know about any errors.

I have no idea why this is the reason SFM blows sometimes. That's kind of ridiculous.
                    --------------------

I think if he had a Top 75 BABIP and didn't make back to back errors, no one would say he is bad.
                    he's 38th in OPS for shortstops. He's pretty awful.

He's the worst hitter by far on the worst offense in the league. I believe the 2nd worst offense in the the last 20 years.
                    Last edited by Mainge; 08-09-2013, 08:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

.240/.275/.311 is pretty disastrous. It's one of the worst hitters in baseball type of disastrous. The fact he's in there every day is one of the reasons why the offense sucks as much as it does.

He's also pretty bad at running the bases.

He also hasn't been as great defensively as Rich Waltz and Tommy Hutton seem to think.

He has a negative WAR on both fangraphs and baseball reference.

I also don't understand your .BABIP comment.

Comment

The errors thing is extra silly. I know nothing about errors and even if I did, common. We as a community for the most part are better than that.

Comment

I think the best way to sum up Hech is he hasn't been good this season, but it's pretty easy to see why so many scouts like him. You can see the potential that he might be a solid hitter. Who knows if it'll ever happen.

He's better defensively than the metrics say he is though. And not as good as our Homer Duo say he is.
                          --------------------
                          He got extremely lucky in July. He also had like a .220 BABIP through June 30.
                          Last edited by HUGG; 08-09-2013, 08:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The 75th best .BABIP in baseball belongs to Salvador Perez who is at .308 coming into tonight.

Hechavarria's .BABIP entering the night was .283.

If Hech's .BABIP was 25 points higher, I think we'd all still be in agreement that he's not a productive baseball player.

Comment

Don't be stupid Erick. He'd be hitting like .251 and would maybe be only the 35th best offensive SS instead of 38th.

Stud.

Comment

Working...
                              X