X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Erase 3-0 Deficit, Defeat Twins 5-3

they bailed me out

we're undefeated when Polanco and Mathis homer this season

Slowey gets the win out of the pen. Can't buy a win in the rotation.

Comment

I'll be the only member on the board who went to a game this year when Mathis and Polanco homered. Ramp, I yelled "Ramp said what up" to Hammer.

Remember the outstanding hot dogs they had last year? I think they got traded to Toronto. It's now a 5 game sample size that the hot dogs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        I'll be the only member on the board who went to a game this year
        Mmmhmm.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          I'll be the only member on the board who went to a game this year when Mathis and Polanco homered. Ramp, I yelled "Ramp said what up" to Hammer.

Remember the outstanding hot dogs they had last year? I think they got traded to Toronto. It's now a 5 game sample size that the hot dogs suck.
          Money is tight. Had to cut it somewhere

Comment

So Slowey is out of the rotation?

Comment

yeah, he was removed when Eovaldi got activated

Comment

I don't know, I'm thinking if they're looking to deal him at the deadline he should still be in the rotation. His numbers still aren't that bad, despite his struggles. Some team is bound to give us something decent for him with the little starting pitching available at the deadline.

Comment

he's 0-4 with an 8.90 era in his last 6 starts (27.1ip 47ha 27er 6bb 20k)

was fun while it lasted, but SLOWEY ASS

Comment

yet if you throw in his 11 scoreless innings out of the pen. His numbers are still respectable, and his overall ERA is still 3.90.

Comment

if you thrown in his 11 scoreless innings then his ERA is only 6.33 in his last 38 innings

we're not gonna get anything for him

Comment

so that just discredits the 45 innings previous where he had a sub 2 ERA? The "Top" starting pitcher on the market's ERA is only .22 runs lower.

Comment

maybe not, but it certainly justifies removing him from the rotation when you have 6 starting pitchers

he's not as bad as he's pitched lately and he's nowhere near as good as he pitched the first few starts. and past performance would indicate he's closer to what he's doing now than then

if we're gonna get something for him, we're still gonna get it with him in his current role

Comment

Oh I agree he's somewhere in the middle. A 4.50 ERA type pitcher, that's why I'm saying that despite his struggles, his value probably won't get higher than it is right now. The role playoff teams would use him in is probably what we're using him in now, so I see your point. All I'm saying is by sticking him in this long-relief role I think we're keeping him off the radar to teams. He could go 2 weeks without pitching like he did before his appearance a couple days ago. You have him starting, maybe some team likes him as a fifth starter and offers something more. It's not like Tom Koehler's in our future plans beyond the role Slowey is filling now.

Comment

Yeah, that's my thing about it is that I'm not really a fan of Koehler really becoming anything so I'd rather Slowey be getting starts as trade bait/see if he's worth keeping next year.

But I also think it really doesn't matter so whatever

Comment

Working...
                              X