This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    Caminero has been horrible in New Orleans. I wouldn't be surprised if they let him go this off-season.

Gotta think that Dayton, Hatcher and Dyson could all be gone this off-season as well. I know the latter two have been good this year, but I don't think they will repeat.
    Caminero is gone. The FO likes Dayton and either him,Olmos or Conley will replace Dunn. Dyson they also like

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and ask something I think I may have asked before, but why doesn't anyone like Chris Hatcher?

Is it just because it seems like a gimmick because he's a former catcher?

Dude averaged 95 on his fastball, gets swinging strikes on 10% of his pitches, doesn't have bad control, has good minor league numbers and has been very good this season.

So, what is it?
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        I'm gonna go ahead and ask something I think I may have asked before, but why doesn't anyone like Chris Hatcher?

Is it just because it seems like a gimmick because he's a former catcher?

Dude averaged 95 on his fastball, gets swinging strikes on 10% of his pitches, doesn't have bad control, has good minor league numbers and has been very good this season.

So, what is it?
        I didn't like him before this year due to fact he seemed more like the AAAA type player with decent control. However this year(already apologized for calling him crap) he has looked alot better. Do I think he will pitch another 4 years or so hell no

Comment

I think he's been great.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            If we have the best offer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194
            Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Cishek and Dunn are pretty much gone next year. I know the idea has already been shot down by the GM's on the board but what about Eovaldi as the closer replacing Cishek?

Teams like Jones as a power LH Bat the issue is his contract. He would be a platoon on most teams but maybe Boston would take him with Cishek?
            --------------------

Track Records aren't considered when u are throwing tons of cash at someone
            does anyone really think we will beat another team's offer for a frontline starter, as in demand as those types are?

like, will we really outbid the yankees or tigers or rangers or angels or mariners for max scherzer?
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              I didn't like him before this year due to fact he seemed more like the AAAA type player with decent control. However this year(already apologized for calling him crap) he has looked alot better. Do I think he will pitch another 4 years or so hell no
              Based on what?
              poop

Comment

Yeah, I just don't want him here because Bour should be the 1B, dammit. .355/.432/.626 vs. RHP. I'm just gonna keep typing that line until my head explodes.
                Bour has also never been nearly that good in his life until getting to the PCL. I don't think he's as good as Jones is at worst, like you do. I think it's closer to his best case scenario.

Comment

There's no way of telling how Bour's #'s will translate, but he's at least earned the shot IMO. Are we willing to take the chance to give that shot to a 26-year old AAA player is the question.

Comment

Having a rotation of FA, Alvarez, Eovaldi, Cosart, Heaney and figure it out when Jose gets back seems like the way they'll go.
                    If they are willing to put Koehler in the bullpen, I'm not opposed. I mean, they'd have, at least, $20 million to spend to get to $75 keeping Eovaldi. I just have a hard time thinking they don't try and develop Koehler a bit more as a SP. I guess another alternative is Heaney stays in minors for more time (a totally unusual concept for the Marlins but not earth shattering end of day).

But I think they'd trade a starter if they sign one, likely Eovaldi as he hits arbitration so that clears bucks. Get another infield bat, sub in Koehler above with your list, and the 6th SP will be Hand (presumably long reliever next year), Nicolino, Flynn, or next years Slowey/Penny/Wolf type who is chilling in AAA. Then mid season Fernandez is back.

That's pretty good depth and really, they need another infielder more than they need a better 6/7th SP moving forward.

I'd call the Cubs this offseason and try and get Castro and Vogelbach. They don't need those guys and the Marlins can dump a ton of pitching on them.

Comment

I'd be pretty bummed if they traded Eovaldi.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Moving Eovaldi to the bullpen is a terrible idea. And I agree with Mainge about Bour, although if you get any type of value for Jones, it's worth a shot I guess.

Comment

DFA-ing him would be a terrible idea. Making him the closer is at least worth considering, but we're probably another year away from that really being an idea. Gotta wait for all the facts
                          poop

Comment

Bour vs RHP

2014 .355/.432/.626 AAA
                            2013 .231/.299/.486 AA (wrist injury)
                            2012 .287/.374/.468 AA
                            2011 .311/.376/.559 A+
                            2010 .296/.380/.452 A
                            2009 .295/.364/.437 A-

yeah, he's never been as good as he's been this year, but he's been consistently good at every level. even his injury ruined 2013 isn't terrible

career .291/.372/.494 hitter vs. RHP in 1659 minor league PA (.286/.363/.484 before this season)

I really don't see how him matching Jones incredibly mediocre .250/.320/.431 line vs. RHP this year is his best case scenario. Really don't think "as good as Jones" is setting a very high bar for him.

Comment

Yeah, I don't see why you trade Eovaldi right now.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                                Yeah, I don't see why you trade Eovaldi right now.
                                Alvarez
                                Heaney
                                Cosart
                                Eovaldi
                                Koehler

with Fernandez coming back at the deadline, rumor has it here they are going to buy a frontline starting pitcher, and realistic "6th" SP options in Hand, Nicolino, Conley, DeScalfani, Flynn, and scrapheap veterans like Penny/Slowey that could have a nice few innings (I would venture to say 1 will be OK and break through here), and depth coming up with Kolek, Brice, Williams, etc.

Absolutely nothing, nothing, longterm at 1B, 3B, and likely SS because we all hate Hech (some hope at 2B with Dietrich, Kike, Valdespin, Romero, and Barnes). Absolutely nothing at the MLB level at 1B, and the bottom could fall out with McGehee any moment.

It's better to get a legitimate infielder into this organization who can play right now, than have the difference from Eovaldi to Koehler for 3-4 months next year before Fernandez is back. Plus Eovaldi saves $3 million next year which allows them to theoretically spend on upgrades elsewhere.

It's all subject to them getting a veteran SP, but if they get one, they need to dish a SP for an infielder and Eovaldi makes the most sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot. But Koehler ain't getting you a big time guy and is cheap (plus could realistically move to pen), Alvarez is to good to let go and could explode if he whiffs a few more guys, Heaney is the lefty and has arguably second most upside, and Cosart also arguably has more upside than Eovaldi and is cheaper with more years of control.

I really love the idea of veteran SP + cishek for an infielder + eovaldi for another one, if that is how the offseason goes

Comment

Working...
                                X