No announcement yet.

Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you complain about bringing in Capps in the 9th down by a run?

Comment

• ASS

Comment

• And that's exactly why you tender Latos a contract for the draft pick

Comment

• They're gunning for 12 years in a row and no playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
            And that's exactly why you tender Latos a contract for the draft pick
            qualifying offers are something like $15m this year. Latos could very well take it.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• jay thinks that's a good deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                qualifying offers are something like $15m this year. Latos could very well take it.
                This!!! This is why they are looking to hold onto Haren instead of Latos.

If Haren is here the whole year,u can give him a qualifying offer(which he won't take-he is going back to the West Coast for like 2 yr 15 mil) and get a draft pick. Latos on the other hand would be all over that especially if his manager/wife likes Miami.

So Latos could be on his way to Houston,Texas,KC,Minnesota for prospects.

- - - - - - - - - -

The trade market is just waiting for us to become sellers-we have alot of stuff teams want. Haren,Latos,Koehler/Pheps,Prado,Ichiro,Dietrich,Dunn,shit even Cishek.

Before people start saying they aint big names-true but all are on good contracts until Ryan Howard,Hamels and such

Comment

• I agree with selling.

250 people in the stands for weeknight games in August is gonna be a sight to see.

Comment

• My thought is Latos on a 1 year deal for 15 million isn't horrible. Tjfla thinks we're going to offer Haren a contract and he's going to sign a 2 year deal for the same money on the west coast.
                    if you can trade them both but Latos fits in better if he signs and more teams should be willing to offer him a deal than haren.

Tjfla said we were sellers already and now he's saying everyone is waiting for us to be sellers. Please stop smoking hashish.

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out why a west coast team would offer Haren a 2-year deal when he'll be 35 next season.

Comment

• Already 10.5 games out of the wild card race, 8.5 out of the division.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          My thought is Latos on a 1 year deal for 15 million isn't horrible. Tjfla thinks we're going to offer Haren a contract and he's going to sign a 2 year deal for the same money on the west coast.
                          if you can trade them both but Latos fits in better if he signs and more teams should be willing to offer him a deal than haren.

Tjfla said we were sellers already and now he's saying everyone is waiting for us to be sellers. Please stop smoking hashish.
                          1/15 is horrible for a 3 starter when your payroll is artificially capped at 70-80 million
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                            1/15 is horrible for a 3 starter when your payroll is artificially capped at 70-80 million
                            Agreed but Latos would be a good 3 to have and the 1 and 2 aren't making a lot so it's doable. Also, I wouldn't expect him to take it seeing how he should have a 3 year deal somewhere with more money but him signing wouldn't be the end of the world. Latos has a 3.22 FIP and his k rate is back up; he could very well look like a number 2 at the end of the year. Could you imagine offering Haren $15 million for a year?

Comment

• On top of which, if Latos accepts, some team like the dodgers or Yankees would be happy to take him off our hands on just a 1 year deal.

Comment

• latos is throwing fucking 97 mph with movement

Comment

Working...
                                X