2015 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
    Remember when mk7 got all pissed when we took Jose?

He came around pretty fast, but still hilarious.
    I came around very quickly. Like, same day.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Solid draft so far for us thru 5. While not great talent they are getting guys who have shown some ability. Jacome and Lilek should be SP in Gboro next year,Naylor and White are both very raw but at least are baseball guys and Poteet if they make a RP(they won't) could be a nice piece for us

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Solid draft so far for us thru 5. While not great talent they are getting guys who have shown some ability.
        Well.
        poop

Comment

Well Draft is over and it looks like we got it right for a 2nd straight year. We still have to sign these guys BUT we took talent instead of 8 College Seniors in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Well Draft is over and it looks like we got it right for a 2nd straight year. We still have to sign these guys BUT we took talent instead of 8 College Seniors in a row.

Did we take any tough signs in the later round? Sseems to me like we went way under slot with the first two picks, was hoping to see more guys they can offer a lot of money to to get them signed.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
              Did we take any tough signs in the later round? Sseems to me like we went way under slot with the first two picks, was hoping to see more guys they can offer a lot of money to to get them signed.
              Hovis could be a very tough sign and we took some HS(Peace,McKay) and Juniors(Dunbar,Britt) after Round 10. We probably didnt save as much as people think but should have said some cash for others that we took.

Was a good draft tho for us,we took talent early and then later rounds took guys who are older. Maybe 5-10 of them stick around but mostly LHP (bullpen arms) and MIF

2 HS guys should come very cheap who should sign-Arroyo and Diaz. Arroyo has to sign if he wants to get into the US and Diaz is from PR which pretty much means baseball or nothing for him

Comment

We got a lot of guys from good families.

Comment

Trying to get people to throw out first pitches by drafting relatives. Thinking outside the box here

Comment

Really like our draft again this year. Looks like another year we'll be able to spend some money in the middle and get some nice talent.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

shoulda drafted Ben Ancheff

Comment

Signed are Kyle Barrett (15th Round) , Alexander Fernandez(25th Round) right-hander Kyle Keller (18th round), shortstop Alfonzo Giovanny (21st), righty L.J. Brewster (22nd), left-hander Trevor Lacosse (23rd), righty Obed Diaz (26th), shortstop Taylor Munden (27th), lefty Jeff Kinley (28th), righty Ben Meyer (29th), shortstop Joseph Chavez (30th), third baseman Kris Goodman (32nd), right fielder Brandon Rawe (34th) and lefty Gunnar Kines (36th).

Comment

Signed- sixth-rounder Justin Cohen (catcher, Riverview HS/Fla.), seventh-rounder Travis Neubeck (RHP, Indian Hills CC), eighth-rounder Chris Paddack (RHP, Cedar Park HS/Texas), 12th-rounder Terry Bennett (CF, Atlantic Coast HS/Fla.), 13th-rounder RJ Peace (RHP, Serrano HS/Calif.), 14th-rounder Jordan Hillyer (RHP, Kennesaw State) and 20th-rounder Korey Dunbar (catcher, North Carolina).

Comment

Looks like they figured out how to draft-Cohen/Paddack/Peace were all above slot

Naylor has to be around 2 Mil or so.

Comment

I don't understand why Naylor isn't signed. I saw something in a pregame saying he would sign after finishing high school. I didn't know that was a rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                                I don't understand why Naylor isn't signed. I saw something in a pregame saying he would sign after finishing high school. I didn't know that was a rule.
                                Likely already have a contract "signed" which is why they are signing all of these guys for over slot. But he can't actual sign it until 6/25 or the last day of his HS. Ya I didn't know that was a rule until last year when we couldn't sign Zach Sullivan till like July

Comment

Working...
                                X