Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tend to think they'd rather acquire Brandon Moss than Chris Davis since that's what they do. But, hey, if using Heaney to get David Price is the thing, do it. I can live with Morse or Moss or even Jones at 1B if it means having a David Price-Jose Fernandez top of the rotation come July.
    --------------------
    Please no on Miley and Trumbo unless they are selling super low.
    Last edited by thatnewguy; 11-27-2014, 01:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
      I tend to think they'd rather acquire Brandon Moss than Chris Davis since that's what they do. But, hey, if using Heaney to get David Price is the thing, do it. I can live with Morse or Moss or even Jones at 1B if it means having a David Price-Jose Fernandez top of the rotation come July.
      --------------------
      Please no on Miley and Trumbo unless they are selling super low.
      I don't think they will trade anyone of value for someone like Moss, i.e. a marginal player who makes a lot of money. It's going to be for someone with years of control (or makes sense signing for a lot of years) to match with Stanton/Yelich/Fernandez/etc., as their trade chips all have 3+ years of service time right now, if not all 6 with Heaney. They can't just give those guys away.

It's why, even if not a 1B, Castro and Valbuena make absolutely the most sense. The Marlins need to get this upgrade 1B thing out of their head and if they upgrade 2B and 3B with those 2 guys, shift McGehee over to 1B, that adds the most value (5 WAR) to the team. Throw in Vogelbach from their farm system for hope in the future, and the Marlins can dish all the pitching to Chicago, something like Heaney, Cishek, Urena/DeScalfani, Dietrich/Kike, and another A ball arm/international cash. Chicago couldn't say no to Heaney, another projected backend starter/plus bullpen arm, a top 10 closer, a good projectable bench guy, and more.

Hope

Comment

• Chuck Richter @ChuckRichter70
        Ha, correction. Mark Trumbo looks to be on his way to the Miami Marlins. I still can't seem to call them "Miami", stuck on Florida Marlins.

Chuck Richter @ChuckRichter70
        My sources tell me Mark Trumbo is headed to the Florida Marlins.
        https://twitter.com/ChuckRichter70

dunno who this guy is or if this is worth believing

Comment

• If it's true, it just keeps the trend of this off-season where completely random people are scooping actual reporters.

Comment

• Pretty much, it's made it impossible to know what's shit and what's real anymore.

Comment

• 2014 Mark Trumbo: DO NOT WANT

2011-2013 Trumbo: I can be happy with that

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post

I looked through his posts and didn't see him making up any other reports, so it may be true. It would make sense considering they were already thinking about Miley. Hopefully they get both Miley and Trumbo if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                  2014 Mark Trumbo: DO NOT WANT

2011-2013 Trumbo: I can be happy with that
                  I'm fine with it if it's a buy low scenario, meaning we don't give up a ton for him.

Comment

I'm fine with it if it's a buy low scenario, meaning we don't give up a ton for him.
                    Agreed. If this is true, I wonder if this could be a bigger trade including Miley.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    I looked through his posts and didn't see him making up any other reports, so it may be true. It would make sense considering they were already thinking about Miley. Hopefully they get both Miley and Trumbo if true.
                    I'm not sure how credible this guy is either, although it would be rather weird if some guy was just making up a Mark Trumbo to Marlins rumor....it doesn't seem like something someone would make up for attention.
                    Last edited by fauowls44; 11-28-2014, 05:52 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                      Agreed. If this is true, I wonder if this could be a bigger trade including Miley.
                      --------------------

I'm not sure how credible this guy is either, although it would be rather weird if some guy was just making up a Mark Trumbo to Marlins rumor....it doesn't seem like something someone would make up for attention.
                      It would be very weird. He has never mentioned the Marlins in any other post nor has he leaked a rumor in the past (as far back as I saw). He is also CEO and editor for an Angels forum. Let's see what happens. If true, I'd assume it would be announced today. Time to look through some Trumbo highlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                        It would be very weird. He has never mentioned the Marlins in any other post nor has he leaked a rumor in the past (as far back as I saw). He is also CEO and editor for an Angels forum. Let's see what happens. If true, I'd assume it would be announced today. Time to look through some Trumbo highlights.
                        Looked through that Angel Forum and didn't see one post or mention about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                          Looked through that Angel Forum and didn't see one post or mention about it.
                          There's no reason to be a post about it though, it's a Marlins-D-backs rumor. Maybe he has a connection from when Trumbo was in LAA.

Comment

• not really a big fan of a .298 career OBP being our big bat

but again, only this dude is reporting it
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

That is my twitter JOKING JOKING

No clue who he is but have been hearing the same thing. They have been discussing Trumbo/Miley with Arizona

Comment

I cannot imagine a Miley/Trumbo package not being headlined by Heaney, and some collection of Hand/Dietrich/Conley/Dyson/Jennings' of the team (i.e. role players who cares). It doesn't make much sense for Arizona to take on Cishek's money, or Eovaldi who will be a FA the same time as Miley.

I wouldn't be thrilled with that unless there were at least two strong additional moves, i.e. Shields and Cishek/Eovaldi for a damn good young infielder, ideally a 3B (who can maybe dabble at 2B).

Comment

Working...
                                X