Ugh . . . Pending Fire Sale Before July 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...y-john-surgery

He missed three months with an elbow injury last season. It's cool that he didn't need it, but it seems pretty inevitable.

If they don't get blown away, keep him. But if someone is offering a top-50 prospect, do it.

Relievers are volatile at best, and there is a very real possibility that his delivery could be deemed illegal this offseason -- I've seen a lot of people suggest as much.
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      Seems like everyone has forgotten that he nearly had Tommy John surgyer last season. I'd move him right now.
      Don't forget 2/3rds of opposing managers bitching, and a possible rule change on his pitching motion.

Small chance of that happening, but I think some small consideration should be placed into that.

I agree - cash him (and even Ramos) out and get starting position players and pitchers. No brainer, figure out bullpen later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        I've watched his motion a lot.

And the way I see it is that anyone who throws laser beams is putting a tremendous amount of stress on their elbow.

I'm not an orthopedic doctor. Do we have any orthopedic doctors on the board?
        You should check out Chris O'Leary on twitter. Basically predicted Jose Fernandez' injury and Henderson Alvarez. Basically says the Marlins are the team that has to most pitchers with awful mechanics.

- - - - - - - - - -

Marlins released Jeff Baker.

Comment

• They released Baker?

How much 40 man space do they need?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            They released Baker?

How much 40 man space do they need?
            Now at 33 IF needed(Henderson/Kelly)

Comment

• Why would they release Baker?

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                You should check out Chris O'Leary on twitter. Basically predicted Jose Fernandez' injury and Henderson Alvarez. Basically says the Marlins are the team that has to most pitchers with awful mechanics.
                Isn't this because they don't consider mechanics when acquiring pitchers

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                  Isn't this because they don't consider mechanics when acquiring pitchers
                  He has mentioned that some of it might be taught by the organization to try and get more velocity but I'd have to double check if I read that correctly.

Comment

• Could they not get anything for him?

Comment

• Why release Baker
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Apparently that comment from the unnamed marlins player was by Christian Yellich, according to Tim Reynolds. Reynolds says it looked to be directed to media rather than management from how he took it.

Comment

• I don't get the Baker move considering the positions he plays positions that the starter can't hit lefties. But after reviewing his stats, he certainly isn't a great loss and it shouldn't be hard to find a guy who hits lefties well in the offseason.

Comment

• Loria probably didn't want anyone to threaten McGehee's status on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              1) That guy has lots of insightful things to say.

2) That guy hates nearly every pitcher's mechanics, and seems to think if you don't have perfect mechanics, you are entirely worthless. He is beholden to that dogma, because he is selling a product. He's the guy on your radio telling you you have to buy gold from him because the dollar is 100% sure about to collapse. He is not, in other words, an entirely reliable source.

3) There is a whole pitching mechanics twitter beef between him and some other dudes selling their own version of "perfect" mechanics and it's super weird to follow
                              poop

Comment

• you can say that any young pitcher is going to get injured, throw together some slipshod mechanics analysis, and probably turn out right.

Comment

Working...
                                X