No announcement yet.

2012 MLB Season Game Thread: March-April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoW didnt realize that Matt Cain's perfect game was broken up from the opposing pitcher. He gave up only 1 hit and no walks amazing that it was the opposing pitcher that prevented the perfecto.

Comment

• Tim Brown ‏ @TBrownYahoo

Matt Kemp in 6 1/3 games vs. Padres this season: 13-25, 6 HR, 15 RBI.

Comment

• Dodgers just got a triple play in the weirdest way.

Comment

• oh.
          poop

Comment

• Did you see it?

Comment

• No.
              poop

Comment

• Here's the explanation:

With the score tied 4-4, the Padres had two runners on and no one out in the top of the ninth inning Sunday afternoon against the Dodgers. Jesus Guzman stepped to the plate and attempted to bunt. Javy Guerra's pitch went directly at Guzman, who basically shielded himself with his bat. From there, the Padres' chances at scoring unraveled.

The pitch hit the bat and ended up in fair territory. Home plate umpire Dale Scott threw both hands in the air as if to call it a dead ball, but the Dodgers played it out. Catcher A.J. Ellis picked up the ball, threw it to third and the Dodgers went with an around-the-horn (2-5-4-3) triple play.

While it was happening, Guzman and the two Padres' baserunners were holding their hands in the air, mimicking Scott's motion that looked like a foul-ball or dead-ball call. Padres manager Bud Black came out to protest the call and, after conferring with the other umpires, Scott left the call as it was: A triple play. Black argued to the point of being ejected afterward.
                I'm sure this will be discussed a lot because the umpire really screwed it up.

Comment

• That's ridiculous
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

• John Shea ‏ @JohnSheaHey

#SFgiants signed Madison Bumgarner to five-year extension.

Comment

• With runners on first and second with two outs, and the Rays up one in today's Patriots' Day morning start at Fenway, it came down to Fernando Rodney and Cody Ross. Rodney threw five straight balls outside, except three of them weren't strictly balls, since home plate ump Larry Vanover called them strikes.

Comment

• I watched that AB live. I lol'd so hard because Cody was getting really pissed.

Comment

• I really hope that computers call balls and strikes in my lifetime.

Comment

• I would love that but Polo Grounders would be sadface.
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Lincecum is JJing

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...134322346.html

Holy shit. Video in link.

Comment

Working...
                                X