No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like it, I read Peters will start on Friday. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Moving back the starts of our starters who aren't completely awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Looks like it, I read Peters will start on Friday. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Moving back the starts of our starters who aren't completely awful.
      and this being the Marlins, I'm sure they won't add him or Anderson to the 40 man until after midnight tonight meaning they'd be ineligible for postseason play

when they could easily move Volquez or Riddle to the 60 day DL or DFA Severino Gonzalez or Cervenka
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        and this being the Marlins, I'm sure they won't add him or Anderson to the 40 man until after midnight tonight meaning they'd be ineligible for postseason play

when they could easily move Volquez or Riddle to the 60 day DL or DFA Severino Gonzalez or Cervenka
        theyd still be eligible because they changed the rules recently but there is no excuse why they didnt just DFA one of the many terrible players on the 40 man or 60 man DL one of the many guys who are out for the year. Just complete and utter incompetence. There is 0 excuse why those guys arent up here yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post

U been reading someone's posts I see!!

Here is the correct info

What determines postseason eligibility?

It used to be a player had to be on the 25-man roster or on the disabled list by Sept. 1. That's no longer the case, as all players on the 40-man roster are now eligible -- teams just have to pick their 25-man rosters before their playoff series.

As long as the player is the team's property by 12AM tonight they are eligible

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Looks like it, I read Peters will start on Friday. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Moving back the starts of our starters who aren't completely awful.
          Our savior!!!! He hasn't pitched in a week so likely trying to get him a start sooner rather than later. Loria has OKed at least 5 callups($500,000 more he has to spend) so we should be seeing Anderson(who should have been up all ready-o wait he was out for a week with a concussion nevermind) and least a few more if we dont make some moves today

Juan Nicasio has been mentioned by a few-he is on irrevocable waivers(means u claim and he is automatic yours) and they expect to get Chen,Bour and Wittgren back by mid Sept
          Last edited by tjfla; 08-31-2017, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Bour isn't coming back, guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              U been reading someone's posts I see!!

Here is the correct info

What determines postseason eligibility?

It used to be a player had to be on the 25-man roster or on the disabled list by Sept. 1. That's no longer the case, as all players on the 40-man roster are now eligible -- teams just have to pick their 25-man rosters before their playoff series.

As long as the player is the team's property by 12AM tonight they are eligible

- - - - - - - - - -

Our savior!!!! He hasn't pitched in a week so likely trying to get him a start sooner rather than later. Loria has OKed at least 5 callups($500,000 more he has to spend) so we should be seeing Anderson(who should have been up all ready-o wait he was out for a week with a concussion nevermind) and least a few more if we dont make some moves today

Juan Nicasio has been mentioned by a few-he is on irrevocable waivers(means u claim and he is automatic yours) and they expect to get Chen,Bour and Wittgren back by mid Sept
              So they'd still have to put Anderson and Peters on the 40-man roster, before midnight tonight, though. If I'm understanding that correctly?

Yeah, we should claim Nicasio. Why not?

---

Put Volquez on the 60-Day DL; designate Cervenka and Worley.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                So they'd still have to put Anderson and Peters on the 40-man roster, before midnight tonight, though. If I'm understanding that correctly?

---

No they just have to be in the system by Sept 1 and on the 40 man by the playoffs

U can be on the 60 Day DL since April and coming off Sept 28 and be eligible
                U can be in Rookie Ball and get called up before wild card game and be eligible
                U can be on the SD AAA team and as long as u are in our system by 12:00AM 9/1 u are eligible

60 Day Volquez and Riddle then call up Hood and 60 Day him. 3 spots are open before we need to DFA anyone

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                Bour isn't coming back, guys.
                Ya he isn't even close to ready that why they mentioned that they hope Jax makes the playoffs so they can send him there on rehab before he comes back

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  No they just have to be in the system by Sept 1 and on the 40 man by the playoffs

U can be on the 60 Day DL since April and coming off Sept 28 and be eligible
                  U can be in Rookie Ball and get called up before wild card game and be eligible
                  U can be on the SD AAA team and as long as u are in our system by 12:00AM 9/1 u are eligible

60 Day Volquez and Riddle then call up Hood and 60 Day him. 3 spots are open before we need to DFA anyone

- - - - - - - - - -

Ya he isn't even close to ready that why they mentioned that they hope Jax makes the playoffs so they can send him there on rehab before he comes back
                  Whoops, I misread the last part.

And how do you call up Hood and then put him on the 60-day DL? You can't make up an injury? or is he already injured? At which point, do they let you call him up to DL him?

Comment

Whoops, I misread the last part.

And how do you call up Hood and then put him on the 60-day DL? You can't make up an injury? or is he already injured? At which point, do they let you call him up to DL him?
                    Hes been out since June. U call him up and put him on 60 Day-opens up a roster spot(U can't DFA injured guys)and he gets ML service time. KC did it with Bubba Starling already

Comment

• Or we could have just called up two of our better prospects at positions of need and send down one of the 5-10 useless players wasting roster spots a few weeks ago and not let Worley and Nicolino pitch 5 games or so and let Telis start for a month.

Comment

---

We will be seeing Nicasio in Philly!!!! Because Philly claimed him for some reason?

Comment

• Yeah, he's a free agent at the end of the season, not sure why they'd claim him. Unless they claimed him in an attempt to try to quickly flip him to acquire a prospect before the end of the day?
                          Last edited by rmc523; 08-31-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• The fact that we are starting despaigne tonight is absolutely ridiculous. Whether it works out or not, just horrific management. Process > Results and this is a horrible process.

Comment

• The MLB At Bat app has Peters starting tomorrow. I know someone mentioned it earlier, but I didn't know it was official. What move did we make? Or will we make a move after the game?

- - - - - - - - - -

Here comes a Moore double play

- - - - - - - - - -

Ugh this has last night (bases loaded nobody out and not scoring) written all over it.

Comment

• Typical marlins fun.

- - - - - - - - - -

At least we squeezed one out

Comment

Working...
                                X