The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Not sure if anyone remembers Cody Ege by the way, but he made Cervenka look like Billy Wagner. Ege was so bad.
    He only pitched a few innings up here, but the year he came over to us he put up a combined 65 IP, 86 k's, 26 BB's, 1.06 WHIP, and and .188 BAA. Then of course we got our hands on him and the very next year he put up 46 K's and 29 BB's in just 51 IP. We have an incredible ability to have people come here and either immediately pitch terribly or immediately get hurt. Our player development is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      He only pitched a few innings up here, but the year he came over to us he put up a combined 65 IP, 86 k's, 26 BB's, 1.06 WHIP, and and .188 BAA. Then of course we got our hands on him and the very next year he put up 46 K's and 29 BB's in just 51 IP. We have an incredible ability to have people come here and either immediately pitch terribly or immediately get hurt. Our player development is terrible.
      I don't know how he put up those numbers the year before. He had terrible stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
        I don't know how he put up those numbers the year before. He had terrible stuff.
        I honestly didnt even have a recollection of him pitching with us in the bigs. I had remembered that he just came over, pitched a year much worse than when he had gotten here, and we let him go on waivers.

I'd love to put Mike Hill in a chair, strap him to a lie detector, and get him to answer questions about his moves and why he did certain moves and not others.

- - - - - - - - - -

This is a must win game. Getting 1 before the last game of this series and guarantee we dont get swept would be pretty huge. also, the numbers might say completely otherwise, but i feel like Strasburg isnt nearly as good against us as Scherzer is. He seems much more hittable to me. Scherzer is just straight up unfair to go against.

Comment

I honestly didnt even have a recollection of him pitching with us in the bigs. I had remembered that he just came over, pitched a year much worse than when he had gotten here, and we let him go on waivers.

I'd love to put Mike Hill in a chair, strap him to a lie detector, and get him to answer questions about his moves and why he did certain moves and not others.
          We should ask him if the official decision making procedure is throwing darts at a wall with pictures of players on it, whoever it hits is who we trade/acquire.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
            We should ask him if the official decision making procedure is throwing darts at a wall with pictures of players on it, whoever it hits is who we trade/acquire.
            Also, the fact we gave up an asset for a guy in Jim Benedict who was supposed to be some sort of pitching guru who might have made our pitching development tangibly worse annoys the shit out of me.

Comment

• Typical Rich...."Worley is locked in now"....proceeds to walk the guy on the next pitch.

Comment

• Did everyone see the Felo patch on the jersey? Pretty cool.

Comment

Also, the fact we gave up an asset for a guy in Jim Benedict who was supposed to be some sort of pitching guru who might have made our pitching development tangibly worse annoys the shit out of me.
                  Seems like Ray Searage may be more the pitching guru than Benedict.

- - - - - - - - - -

Hmm. Stanton has been starting to chase those sliders again lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                    Seems like Ray Searage may be more the pitching guru than Benedict.
                    had to look up who that was. Probably something we should have figured out before giving away an asset.

Comment

• Trevor Williams isn't that bad either. He would definitely be in our rotation right now.

Comment

• The Pirates pitching coach. Took me a few minutes of thinking about it to remember his name.

- - - - - - - - - -

Sucks how many throw in players we've given away that are in other rotations now, while we need rotation help.

Comment

• Well this could go sour quickly.

Comment

• Worley giving up a hit to Edwin fucking Jackson

Comment

• Telis tried to screw up the relay throw.

Comment

• Why are we pitching to Murphy?

Comment

Working...
                                X