Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scherzer is on the DL

Comment

• Yeah I say give Anderson the weekend, and unless he goes like 0-12 or something get him here for the Washington series. Dietrich's been better with the bat recently and Ellis is an underrated OBP guy, so that'd be a significant upgrade over Moore/Telis.

Comment

• Youre right. I was going on ESPN's projected starter's for the series. That kind of changes things especially with Harper out.

- - - - - - - - - -

Just oging off their projected rotation it looks like its Cole, Gonzalez, and Strasburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Yeah I say give Anderson the weekend, and unless he goes like 0-12 or something get him here for the Washington series. Dietrich's been better with the bat recently and Ellis is an underrated OBP guy, so that'd be a significant upgrade over Moore/Telis.
          Ya they will give Anderson a few games to get his swing back before they make a decision on him. Should be easy Sept Callup

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Anybody have any idea who will start on Saturday? I can't even come up with a guess.
          Despaigne unless they change the plan and call up Dillon Peters. Peters is suppose to pitch tonight for Jax so worth watching. The "plan" was Dillon Peters to get his extra innings in the AFL but maybe they figure they need him and will call him up and let him get those innings in the majors

Comment

• we really control our own destiny - even if we win 2/3 against the Padres and then get swept by the Nats, it comes down to the few weeks after that. We have the phillies for 4 again and then the weaker part of the Nats rotation for 3, and after that. If we even go 7-6 over that whole stretch I think we're still in okay shape. Any worse and we're done. But at 7-6 (2-1 vs SD, 0-3 vs WAS, 3-1 vs PHI, 2-1 vs WAS) we then have a 7 game stretch against Atlanta and Philly, and if we win 5 of 7 there we're suddenly 12-8 over 20 games.

Then we have Brewers, Mets, DBacks, Rockies, and Braves. Mets and Braves should take care of themselves hopefully so it comes down to facing the teams ahead of us.

Our goal should be 12-8 over our next 20. If we do that I think we're in good shape.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Agreed.

We don't have to sweep the Padres.

I also think it's highly unlikely we get swept by Washington. We're 6-7 vs Washington this year and now they have no Harper and we won't face Mad Max.

Comment

• Are we sure we wont face Scherzer? He is close to returning. According to rotoworld he might be cleared to throw a bullpen today which they say insinuates he would be ready to start Sunday possibly, with us obviously looming Monday-Wednesday. I think him returning against us is a pretty big possibility.

- - - - - - - - - -

They are super banged up though. No Harper, but Treat turner started a rehab assignment monday. He's been rusty as fuck for 3 games thus far, but fair chance he returns against us too. Which would be super annoying. Hopefully he struggles a little more and they give him 10 days to rehab and he misses our whole series. I like our chances if Scherzer, Harper, and Turner are all still out.

- - - - - - - - - -

I do agree we control our own destiny in a sense, but 12-8 wont cut it. Relying on us having to sweep either the Dbacks or Rockies in the last few series of the year is not a good idea. Its obviously doable, but your margin for error is 0. Take advantage of these cupcake games and then just taking 2/3 from those teams is huge too.

- - - - - - - - - -

Realistically, both those teams are 12 over and we are .500. We need to make up some serious ground or they need to free fall. Both those teams are too good to go severely under .500 the rest of the way. Thats why im not arguing that sweeping the Padres is the only way we have a chance, but it would be pretty huge to take advantage of playing a terrible team with our good pitchers going.

Comment

• Padres are scrappy

I think we need to go 13-7 and then 11-5 the final 16 games.

DBacks and Rockies have tough schedules.
                  Last edited by Namaste; 08-25-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Easiest is hope Arizona or Colorado beat the other one bad like go 6-1/5-2(They play 7 times) and then we do well vs that team as well.

Mets like the Phillies are not gonna put up a fight. Play younger guys/terrible pen. They are just looking at guys and don't really care

Atlanta is the wildcard for us. They could keep playing the vets who seem to beat us all the time or start calling up the young guys to get a look at them for next year and shut down guys like Dickey,Jim Johnson,Kemp

Another reason I wouldnt mind BP or Cabrera-get them off the teams

Comment

• I definitely think 87 wins is the number we need.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        Are we sure we wont face Scherzer? He is close to returning. According to rotoworld he might be cleared to throw a bullpen today which they say insinuates he would be ready to start Sunday possibly, with us obviously looming Monday-Wednesday. I think him returning against us is a pretty big possibility.

- - - - - - - - - -

They are super banged up though. No Harper, but Treat turner started a rehab assignment monday. He's been rusty as fuck for 3 games thus far, but fair chance he returns against us too. Which would be super annoying. Hopefully he struggles a little more and they give him 10 days to rehab and he misses our whole series. I like our chances if Scherzer, Harper, and Turner are all still out.

- - - - - - - - - -

I do agree we control our own destiny in a sense, but 12-8 wont cut it. Relying on us having to sweep either the Dbacks or Rockies in the last few series of the year is not a good idea. Its obviously doable, but your margin for error is 0. Take advantage of these cupcake games and then just taking 2/3 from those teams is huge too.

- - - - - - - - - -

Realistically, both those teams are 12 over and we are .500. We need to make up some serious ground or they need to free fall. Both those teams are too good to go severely under .500 the rest of the way. Thats why im not arguing that sweeping the Padres is the only way we have a chance, but it would be pretty huge to take advantage of playing a terrible team with our good pitchers going.
                        Scherzer will face us, I'm almost positive.

I don't think 12-8 requires us to sweep those guys later though. If we're able to go 12-8 then we have to take care of business against the shitty teams (Mets and Braves) and just win against the others. They have far tougher schedules than we do, I'm willing to bet ARI, COL, and MIL are all worse than 12-8 in their next 20. Honestly the Cardinals have a pretty easy schedule too but they're also down their closer and their team has been a mess all season.

COL next 20 games: ATL, DET, ARI, SF, LA, ARI
                        ARI next 20 games: SF, LA, COL, LA, SD, COL (woof!)
                        MIL next 20 games: LA, STL, WAS, CIN, CHC, PIT (then us)

If we go 12-8 - which presupposes winning only 2/6 from the Nats, and losing 1 game each series vs SD, PHI, ATL, PHI, which seems fair - I think the rest takes care of itself. Then we just have to beat the teams ahead of us, which is the ideal scenario. It will be tough - I think all 3 of those teams are better than we are. But at least we control it.
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Our lineup is better then the teams ahead of us. We need Peters and one more pitcher. We can maybe do this.

Comment

• What do you think about Jeff Samardzjia if the Giants eat some of the contract?

Comment

• Welp, I bought MLB.tv. It's $10 for the rest of the season right now. Playoff race is officially on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                What do you think about Jeff Samardzjia if the Giants eat some of the contract?
                                He would be a great fit as far as pitching ability, but his contract is ridiculous. No matter how much they eat, because it wont be all. We wont do it. Dickey is the guy. Braves are out of it, has a team option for 8 million next year, and the Braves have all their young pitchers that will be ready next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X