No announcement yet.

Marlins Nearing Trade For Fernando Rodney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we were going to move Paddack, would have much rather gotten Jake Odorizzi.

Comment

lol bye guys. I give up.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

No chance Paddack alone would have gotten Odorizzi

Comment

ok, on the other side, if they're following the royals model

we have great defense
          we have an incredible bullpen
          royals sp was shit too - i think our rotation is lightyears better than theirs was the last two years

assuming they stick with what we have sp wise, a bullpen with ramos-rodney-phelps in the back end, coupled with the dudes like mcgowan and barraclough and ellington who have looked really good, is very impressive and deep

- - - - - - - - - -

was talking to [MENTION=24]McLevin[/MENTION] earlier, and he asked: any chance we trade dee?

we can't use him in the playoffs
          dd has been good
          prado has been good

obviously dee's contract is great, but given the PEDs is it possible we'd rather trade him for a SP?
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Hopefully Pomeranz is in the deal also and its much larger.

Comment

lol there is no other side when the bullpen ends up sucking. Your going to have like 4 guys with bb rates over 5 in about a week or so.
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I've been on the Trade Dee train for a SP...there aren't any good ones in FA this coming off-season. See what you can get for him. Unless they want to play Dee at SS. Then I'm fine with keeping him to try and make it to the playoffs even though he can't actually play once we are there.

Comment

As little as Hech brings with the bat, I don't think you can take him off the field at this point.

Marlins are trying to play the dangerous game of becoming Kansas City East. Might work, might blow up in their faces.

Comment

I mean, if they're looking a larger deal for a SP then you'd imagine that somebody out of the Gordon/Prado/Dietrich/Bour group would have to be moved. You'd figure Gordon would be the one to get you the most, but would you really want to move him when you still have him under contract for 4-5 more years? If I've learned anything watching baseball is that you don't just trade somebody because you can slide in a replacement. This is especially true when it's possible that one of your key players may leave in free agency the year after.

I don't trade Gordon, but that's just me.

Comment

Dee isn't going to be traded.

Comment

If we had to trade anyone of the ML roster, I think I move Bour. Big bat and cost controlled, would fit in well with basically every AL team and has been passable defensively so even NL teams would consider him.

- - - - - - - - - -

Also doesn't make sense to have Rodney as the closer when you consider the difference between him making $1.5m and $7m is the amount of games he finishes. Makes sense to me that he'd be the 8th inning guy, Ramos would still close games, and (if we're sticking to the Royals comparisons) Phelps would basically be "Wade Davis Bullpen Ace."

- - - - - - - - - -

And look, if Rodney isn't shit this is an upgrade so let's not act like this is the end of the world. I wish they could have moved somebody that didn't show as much promise as Chris Paddack and I wish they got a better return than just Fernando Rodney, but the ML team is better I think with this move. They still need a starter because I don't think you can be a good team running Nicolino out there every 5th day but this trade isn't (or at least shouldn't) be the reason they're gonna miss out on October this year.
                        Last edited by thatnewguy; 06-30-2016, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Not happy it's Paddack, but, at the same time, they've screwed up the minor leagues for so long that I'm glad they don't consider any prospect untouchable at this point. The core of the team is in the big leagues already. They should try to win with this core that they've mostly locked up long-term before Jose becomes a free agent and leaves. Once Jose leaves, the Paddack years will likely be irrelevant anyway.

And I actually didn't know who this guy was until like a week ago.

Comment

I remember reading back when they drafted him last year that they got "first round talent" in the eighth round. And so far this season it seems like that was correct.

- - - - - - - - - -

Well it appears to be official now.

Comment

The continued inability of the front office to distinguish between the importance and difficulty of finding quality relievers and quality starters as well as the ease of finding each is the biggest problem this organization currently faces. That combined with the lack of payroll only increases the importance of the front office finally coming to this realization.

Comment

Rodney .210 BABIP this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X