X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furious 9th Inning Rally Falls Short, Fish Lose 14-2

Don't call it a comeback!
    poop

Can we just ban the Phillies from the ballpark? They've won 21 of the last 25 games here.

Comment

Chris Volstad should be skipped whenever we face the Phillies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
        Part of the game summary by JCR actually got me to do some calculating.

JCR:

In two games this season they've accounted for 15 of the 59 earned runs (25.4 percent) Volstad has allowed. The Phillies are hitting.404 (19-for-47) with five homers against him so far.
        Taking out his two starts against the Phillies, Volstad would hava 4.47 ERA.

Comment

I would rather see us bunt in the first inning with Gaby than see Chris take the mound against the Phillies again.

Comment

Part of the game summary by JCR actually got me to do some calculating.

JCR:

In two games this season they've accounted for 15 of the 59 earned runs (25.4 percent) Volstad has allowed. The Phillies are hitting.404 (19-for-47) with five homers against him so far.
            Taking out his two starts against the Phillies, Volstad would have a 4.47 ERA.
            --------------------
            Luckily, after tomorrow, we don't see the Phillies again until the end of August.
            Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 07-05-2011, 09:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Maybe we can beat the Astros.

Comment

HE now has a 6.3 career ERA against the Phillies, and 2.4 HR/9.

Yeah, no more.
                poop

Comment

Speaking of no more, at what point does Infante stop hitting 2nd?

Comment

At this point, who should hit there? Everyone seems to be struggling. I guess Lomo?

Comment

Lomo's walk rate has disapeared recently. Really dissapointing.
                      poop

Comment

At this point, who should hit there? Everyone seems to be struggling. I guess Lomo?
                        Anyone who doesn't have a BB% less than 6 and an .OBP less than .300 would be a start.

Comment

I nominate Peteypipes

Comment

Lomo has an OBP of .315 since he came back from injury and it's even worse over the last month. He'd be a marginally better option, but at least he hits for some power and can drive runs in down the order.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              Anyone who doesn't have a BB% less than 6 and an .OBP less than .300 would be a start.
                              Who ya got?
                              --------------------
                              Or is this just a "complain about the 2 hole but not have a logical replacement" argument
                              Last edited by Ramp; 07-05-2011, 10:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                              X