Lopez DFA'd; Petersen Recalled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lopez DFA'd; Petersen Recalled

MarlinsMedia: In addition, Jose Lopez designated for assignment & Bryan Petersen recalled
    /Twitter

Woo hoo!

Comment

That was quick
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

No real place for him anyways.. Boner will prolly play a ton at 3rd

Comment

MH did you just cum?
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Not that excited.

Comment

But did you?
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Negative.

Comment

Tommy Hutton probably did.

Comment

The Florida Marlins are ready to give outfielder Bryan Petersen a chance to show he belongs in the big leagues.

The Marlins recalled Petersen on Saturday, designating Jose Lopez for assignment. Instead of putting Petersen in a utility-type role, as they have in the past, the Marlins intend to start him. He was the starting right fielder and No. 9 hitter for Saturday's game against the Texas Rangers.

"I love to start," Petersen said. "I think I'll be able to help the team. I'm going to take advantage of it and make the best of it, taking it one day at a time."

Petersen, 25, had a brief stint with the Marlins in early May, appearing in four games and going 0-for-4 with a walk. In 2010, he played in 23 games -- making one start -- with a .083 batting average.

But Petersen has played well for Triple-A New Orleans this season, hitting .351 with 11 home runs, 21 doubles and 26 RBIs. He credits his success to playing every day, and hopes that translates this time around in the Majors.

"The consistency of getting in there and hitting strikes and playing every day snowballed into a really good start," Petersen said. "It's just been clicking."

Florida manager Jack McKeon had a simple message to Petersen, too.

"I told him to play the game the way he's been playing in New Orleans," McKeon said. "I know he feels he's got to get a hit and he's got to make an impression. But I told him, 'You're not going to impress me if you go 5-for-5 or if you 0-for-5.' I just want you to relax, have fun and do whatever it takes to help us win a game."
                    Marlins call up Petersen for everyday role

Looks like Petersen will be the new centerfielder while Coghlan is out. That leaves Bonifacio to go back to playing third or doing his super-sub role.

Comment

Let's go Condor!

Comment

I'd be down with him playing more.

But, if Jack is really unleashing Emilio, we gotta play him. His value goes up if he's actually gonna be allowed to steal bases.

Comment

Boner will likely just move to third.

Comment

I would like Condor to bat second and move Infante back down to eighth.
                            Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-02-2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

PeteyPipes is a much better nickname than Condor or whatever pet name you have for him

Comment

Working...
                              X