Miami Marlins at Milwaukee Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
    I think that was written with some sarcasm...
    It wasn't. If Fiers doesn't react the way he did, the Marlins bench probably doesn't even come out. He acted like an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
      He looked shaken? His reaction was basically the reason why things escalated on the field.
      He definitely looked shaken when Stanton was on the ground. He didn't mean to hit Johnson either, but I think his reactions did exacerbate things.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        He definitely looked shaken when Stanton was on the ground. He didn't mean to hit Johnson either, but I think his reactions did exacerbate things.
        I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          Bones and shit heal but the eyes and orbital socket are what I'm worried about. Obviously vision is everything for hitters.
          He swung at a pitch that hit him in the face. Not sold on his vision.

Comment

Beef being the worst

Comment

Easing the tension

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                Because he hit two guys in a row and looked shaken? Why is he a coward?
                Originally posted by Beef View Post
                They can't really call it half ball, half strike.

I didn't see it.
                I wasn't saying that.....my point was that as a person, after Stanton gets hit like that, how do not give the next guy the benefit of the doubt as to whether he swung or not on what was a check swing? That's not taking into account the fact the fact it hit him.

And even if they do say he swung, it clearly hit him or the bat (replay clearly shows it hit him), which should be a foul ball, and not a strikeout anyway. No?

Comment

By the way I wanted to mention this the other day when we were talking about the FOs train wrecks...

Beefs dislike for the 2014 NL MVP is weird.

Comment

How did the dude act that it escalated the situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                      Mcgehee got pissed and started yelling at the 1B umpire after Reed Johnson got hit. For whatever reason, Fiers decided to respond. He proceeded to have a little temper tantrum on the field throwing his glove on the dirt like he was going to do something. Unfortunately, he couldn't do anything because the powerful Rick Kranitz was holding him back.

He was very Chris Johnson about the whole thing.

Fiers reacting the way he did is what led to Garrett Jones and the rest of the team leaving the bench.

Comment

• It seemed to me, just based on body language and putting myself in that situation, I thought the reaction by Fiers was more that he was upset the Marlins would think he did this on purpose or would be upset. Like was said, seeing a guy you hit in the face get carted off the field should shake anyone up and make you emotional. When McGehee went crazy, I think it was just the emotion of the situation bubbling over for Fiers, hence his reaction.

EDIT: Based on Erick's replay, with McGehee yelling and pointing in that direction, I wonder if Fiers thought McGehee was yelling at him and not the 1B ump? That was my first thought when I saw Casey going crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          I wasn't saying that.....my point was that as a person, after Stanton gets hit like that, how do not give the next guy the benefit of the doubt as to whether he swung or not on what was a check swing? That's not taking into account the fact the fact it hit him.

And even if they do say he swung, it clearly hit him or the bat (replay clearly shows it hit him), which should be a foul ball, and not a strikeout anyway. No?
                          I have no problem with them trying to make the right call rather than trying to make a call based on feeling bad that the previous guy got hit in the face.

If he swings and it hits him, it is strike 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                            They just showed it again, he was enticing the Marlins bench after he hit Johnson. Motioning with his arm, to come out, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by geemoney View Post
                              It seemed to me, just based on body language and putting myself in that situation, I thought the reaction by Fiers was more that he was upset the Marlins would think he did this on purpose or would be upset. Like was said, seeing a guy you hit in the face get carted off the field should shake anyone up and make you emotional. When McGehee went crazy, I think it was just the emotion of the situation bubbling over for Fiers, hence his reaction.
                              At that point, he should probably understand the reactions and shut up.

They just showed the replays again and he pointed toward the bench basically challenging the whole roster. He acted like a douche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                At that point, he should probably understand the reactions and shut up.

They just showed the replays again and he pointed toward the bench basically challenging the whole roster. He acted like a douche.
                                If you get in a car crash and feel really bad about it and apologize and people start yelling in your face and calling you names after, you would probably get upset. If people are contrite about something and people react by treating them like shit, I can understand not being pleased and not just taking it. Don't know exactly what happened, but don't like the thing you're doing just because the guy on your favorite team got hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X