Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
    Unlikely the Angels do it, but I'd do Henderson Alvarez for Trumbo.
    They discussed Alvarez before the deadline however the Angels were not to high on him.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      They discussed Alvarez before the deadline however the Angels were not to high on him.
      In return for who?

I believe Frisaro mentioned in one of his articles that the Fish should go after Saltalamacchia(?). I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I agree that the Cather situation has to be addressed.

Comment

^Juan C. Rodriguez has speculated on Twitter about the Marlins interest in Salty as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Marlins uni.

Comment

@JimBowdenESPNxm: Dan Jennings told us they have discussed Mark Trumbo and Will Middlebrooks with their scouts…they have young pitching available
          Twitter

Comment

Aren't teams usually hush hush about who they are looking at? I like either, Middlebrooks may come cheaper but may also still suck.

Also, Jennings said that Stanton will be the Marlins right fielder come opening day.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
              Twitter
              I like both of those guys depending on the pitcher(s) we'd be giving up.

I do not like Jarrod Saltalamacchia.

Comment

As long as we're not giving up Heaney I'd be OK with trading someone. I don't want to trade Eovaldi, Turner or Alvarez yet as I would prefer one more year to evaluate them before they head into arbitration. But Nicolino, DeSclafani, Hand or Urena would be OK with me.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Even though our 3B needs surpass our 1B needs, Trumbo would be the better player to go after (and cost more prospects). I'm not sure I'm overly excited about either guy, but Trumbo would add some needed power to the offense. I'm curious what LoMo's trade value is right now (I bet it's really low).
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                  As long as we're not giving up Heaney I'd be OK with trading someone. I don't want to trade Eovaldi, Turner or Alvarez yet as I would prefer one more year to evaluate them before they head into arbitration. But Nicolino, DeSclafani, Hand or Urena would be OK with me.
                  So you want to keep the good guys, trade the middle tier pitching prospects? Gotcha.

If you want good value back, you gotta sometimes give up good value. I'm fine with trading any of our pitchers not named Jose Fernandez and Andrew Heaney for some offensive help.
                  Last edited by dim; 11-03-2013, 04:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

At the very least, we can get some teams mascot back for LoMo.

#Mr.Brightside

Comment

@Ken_Rosenthal: Matty V calling for #Dodgers to trade Puig and whoever else to #Marlins for Giancarlo Stanton.
                      Twitter

Just Vasgersians idea, but what the hell.

Comment

If I was LA, I probably wouldn't trade Puig for Stanton.

Comment

13:$2M, 14:$2M, 15:$4.5M, 16:$5.5M, 17:$6.5M, 18:$7.5M

Also he can opt into arbitration after 3 years of service time

Just FYI
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

that's why I wouldn't do it if I was LA

although, I didn't know about the arbitration thing

Comment

Hell of a job so far by Heaney in the AFL so far. You have to think he'll get a shot to make the club out of spring training. Same goes for Wittgreen. If we stay healthy and acquire some offense, next season should be very interesting.

Comment

You could even say it'll end in a pile.
                                This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X