The Tr305 Needs a Thread Every Night Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    Did the clogged concourses have anything to do with 37K people stopping and gawking/wondering where things are like Madman mentioned?
    Very true. Wherever you went, people were walking slowly, taking pictures, etc. That caused a lot of congestion. Not to mention the game was snooze-fest most of the night so it was far more exciting to walk around. Plus, most people there probably have never been in a ballpark with an open concourse...lots of people watched the game from there instead of their seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      It's almost exactly the same as PNC Park. I think that's just the nature of open concourses.
      I've never had a problem with the open concourses at Minute Maid. I've even been there during sell outs and the concourses are totally fine.

Comment

They have fans there even though they are horrible?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          They have fans there even though they are horrible?
          Surprisingly, yes. They actually can draw 15-18K a game even sucking hard like they have been lately.

The sell out games I attended were when I first moved here. It was the series against the Rockies when Craig Biggio was trying to reach 3,000 hits. Luckily, he got it in game 2. It was nice to be there even though I really don't care about the Astros. You don't get many chances to see history like that.
          Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 04-06-2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            tell Siri
            Bazinga!

Comment

Observations from Night #2

Last observation thread, promise.

Sat in the club level seats tonight and if you are looking for a less crowded concourse this is where it is at. It's literally a ghost town and everything is immaculate up there. No brainer for season tickets next season.

At first I thought the crowd was kind of weak but after a while it dawned on me that it was a pretty solid crowd when you consider the Heat, Panthers, heavy rain earlier in the day, etc. Pretty good turn out.

We are on the fence shortening clock as we speak. I was totally wrong about this place. There were at least 5 crushed balls tonight that just didn't have enough to get out. All within 15 feet. It actually makes the venue kind of boring watching all this warning track power.

Flags are still not blowing in the domes wind.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THE ELECTRONIC TICKET SCANNERS. NO ONES TICKETS GET SCANNED CORRECTLY UNTIL THE 17TH ATTEMPT.

All in all the place is really growing on me and it's so enjoyable just sitting there taking it all in.

P.S - Joey Cora is terrible and over managed beyond belief tonight. Bring back Ozzie asap.

Comment

ehaheha

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THE ELECTRONIC TICKET SCANNERS. NO ONES TICKETS GET SCANNED CORRECTLY UNTIL THE 17TH ATTEMPT.
                  ehe he's right.

I thought I had been had for a second on Opening Night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post

I thought I had been had for a second on Opening Night.
                    yes, me too

I was like omgmotherfuckeronetimecommon
                    --------------------
                    I hate to say this but tr305 is growing on me

He gets piled on but he just shrugs it off and keeps posting

Way thicker skin than FIP
                    Last edited by Namaste; 04-13-2012, 11:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

P.S - Joey Cora is terrible and over managed beyond belief tonight. Bring back Ozzie asap.
                      I mean, this just confuses the fuck out of me.

Comment

We didn't need to use 12 pitchers for every single circumstance. Awful coaching.
                        --------------------
                        Oh another thing, the place gets loud as sh1t. Great acoustics.
                        Last edited by tr305; 04-13-2012, 11:02 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

We didn't need to use 12 pitchers for every single circumstance. Awful coaching.
                          What?

Comment

Holy shit this dude is a moron.

Comment

So you dont' think we could have gotten by using fewer pitchers tonight ?

Comment

I actually think we should start a reliever and try to get him to go 9 innings to avoid running our starters into the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X