The Tr305 Needs a Thread Every Night Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jorge18 View Post
    Again, I'm going to repeat how awesome the Vista level is.

The lines up there for everything are non-existent. My father in law waited about 1 minute in line for Sir Pizza, which is always really packed.

I'm usually one that defends the Marlins, but that opening ceremony was terrible. They could have done such a better job on that, and they really dropped the ball big time.
    --------------------

What's section are you in? I love the view.

Comment

Originally posted by Polky View Post
      Juanky, unless I'm crazy (I didn't pay much attention to the non-moving part of the roof) would there be a place to hang them that wouldn't obstruct a view for someone? Like I said, I think the best place is that black batter's eye in the OF near Robinson's number (which, yes, is hard to see, but I don't think they care). I emailed Samson about it. It was disgusting.
      I think LF, so they're over the panels if looking from the first base side, works perfectly
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
        The banners need work. Did it not occur to them that there is no wind inside a dome?
        They need to call NASA
        --------------------
        The Good:

-Wow this place is gorgeous.
        -LF terrace is a great hang-out spot. Love seeing the glass windows open, giving a view into downtown. Also, the view from that area is great. I will spend many hours there this season.
        -Seats are extremely comfortable.
        -Views of the field are great from all angles. I spent 2 innings stopping at various concourse spots, sipping a beer and watching the game.
        -Easy access in and out of aisles, sections.
        -Staff was friendly.
        -Hotdog was good. This may sound picky, but the bread did nothing to compliment it. It was like a toast folded in half. Hotdogs are synonymous with baseball, this should be done appropriately.
        -Having Modelo on tap.
        -The art around the park.
        -Finding parking for $15 only 3 blocks away.
        -The party lights after the game was over, and the live band playing outside. I hope that's not just a one time thing.
        -Bobblehead museum.
        -The team seems to have the weather formula down pat for determining whether to open or close the roof. Perfect night.
        -The CF scoreboard is not only crisp, but offers a great array of stats.
        -Loved hearing the ESPN broadcast as I walked around the upper concourse (I don't recall if this was downstairs as well). I hope they tune into the radio broadcast for other games.

The Bad:
        -Quite possibly the worst pregame ceremony ever. What was with all the melodrama for such a happy occasion?? The soldier/family thing was heartfelt, but adding Ali on top just killed the mood. Thankfully, the opening intros were great.
        -Concourse gets PACKED. Sometimes hard to move around. There are choke points throughout, particularly in the OF.
        -WTF IS UP WITH OUR CHAMPIONSHIP BANNERS?? I know Loria drew our stadium plan on a napkin, but I didn't know we also used them to represent two of our proudest moments in team history! FIX THIS!
        -Dangerous escalators postgame: The escaltors move very fast, and with huge crowds piling up at their end point, people were thrown into each other. Not going to lie, it was a scary moment, particularly for my father. This occured at the luxury suite level while coming down from the upper deck.
        -No cellular reception.
        -I'm a beer guy, the selection was disappointing. I'm aware that most parks offer the same. Light beer is not for me.
        -Hard time finding the specialty food location. I know this will fix itself over time.
        -0 replays. What gives?

Looking forward to:
        -Experiencing the Clevlander at some point soon.
        -Hearing the stadium when everyone is hollering and cheering. Maybe when we get a baserunner to third before the 8th.

Look, the things I list as "bad" are nitpicking. This place is incredible. I give it an A now, and it should be an A+ once the kinks are worked out. Great job on the park.
        Last edited by BigGameFish; 04-05-2012, 10:56 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
        STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Did you guys put MBITCRONOD12 on the paver?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
            What's section are you in? I love the view.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
              Everyone should take 2 minutes, copy and paste their responses to this thread and email them to dsamson@marlins.com. I've done it in the past and he's very responsive.
              Did it
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by tr305 View Post
                We need to concentrate our emails to Samson on
                3 key points

* (got to be able to refresh twitter)
                :REDX

Comment

LOL and the SFM paver is right next to the distinguished owner of the Miami Dolphins the '...Biggest Marlins fan in New York...'. I found this to be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    :REDX
                    he's right though... you'll know much more about the game you're at if you follow a bunch of beat writers/analysts for those 2 teams

you'll also get a bunch of crap too, but he's got a point

Comment

My email to Samson (I didn't hit on the pre-game/Ali debacle because it's over and done with and I just want them to focus on issues that need to be addressed soon).

Good afternoon, Mr. Samson.

I am a 20-game plan holder (Sec 25).

Thoroughly enjoyed the outstanding food and ambiance last night. The Clevelander was a great place to have a drink while the parking garages cleared out. Well done!

Also, traffic was way smoother having the police officer stationed @ the 12th Ave exit off of 836.
                      Great job.

3 areas I believe need some consideration:

- The Championship banners need to be more visible. The die hard fans notice these things. They look lifeless.

- The Budweiser bar in LF is incredible but it is under staffed. I don't mind paying $9 for a beer but I shouldn't have to wait 15 minutes for it.

- We only had 2 beer vendor appearances in Sec 27 last night and if you blinked he was gone. Again, don't mind paying $9 for a beer but make it easier to buy one.

And one FYI that may be out of your control; AT&T phone service works 30% of the time at best.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Comment

The bad, the concourses:

That's just awful. Shows a lack of planning/anticipating lines and its impact on foot traffic (and, conversely, the foot traffic's impact on the lines).

Comment

It's almost exactly the same as PNC Park. I think that's just the nature of open concourses.
                          poop

Comment

The concourses will be like that anywhere when dealing with a sellout crowd. We saw it at its worst last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                              The bad, the concourses:

That's just awful. Shows a lack of planning/anticipating lines and its impact on foot traffic (and, conversely, the foot traffic's impact on the lines).
                              All I see is Ryan Dempster to the bottom left.

Comment

Emailed him. I'm sure his assistant will sign his name to the response.

Comment

Working...
                                X