• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he probably didn't make it through waivers
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
      The reports seem to all indicate that the Marlins plan to offer him a fair deal, but he doesn't seem interested in staying.
      No, the reports don't seem to indicate that at all.

The reports indicate that Stanton is all too aware of how incapable management is at keeping a core and building around it.

We all know that Loria could have locked Stanton up for 6yr/70 million (roughly) 2 years ago but didn't because the plan is to offer him something laughable next season and when he doesn't take it and goes to the Dodgers the Marlins will scream "SEE, WE TRIED!!!!!"
      --------------------
      I posted before I saw what MK7 and bobbob posted. Ditto what they said.
      Last edited by Namaste; 08-26-2014, 06:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I was never a fan of the whole we could easily sign Stanton for some made up contract thing everyone does here.

Was also never a fan of Stanton :-)

Maybe we can trade him for Chris Seddon

Comment

• It's more likely that we could have easily signed him 2012 than not.

Comment

• Oh, I guess it's true then.

I'd agree if you change "not" to "now"

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              No, the reports don't seem to indicate that at all.

The reports indicate that Stanton is all too aware of how incapable management is at keeping a core and building around it.

We all know that Loria could have locked Stanton up for 6yr/70 million (roughly) 2 years ago but didn't because the plan is to offer him something laughable next season and when he doesn't take it and goes to the Dodgers the Marlins will scream "SEE, WE TRIED!!!!!"
              --------------------
              I posted before I saw what MK7 and bobbob posted. Ditto what they said.
              I'm sorry, does that mean something other than Stanton doesn't want to stay with the Marlins?

We also DON'T know that they could have signed him for that, and we definitely don't know that they're going to offer him a laughable deal, especially when they have offered very large, very fair deals to other players in the past.
              --------------------
              Originally posted by Beef View Post
              Oh, I guess it's true then.

I'd agree if you change "not" to "now"
              I agree with this.
              Last edited by sports24/7; 08-27-2014, 12:25 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• We don't know because they never made him an offer.

That is fucking ridiculous no matter how it is spun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  I was never a fan of the whole we could easily sign Stanton for some made up contract thing everyone does here.
                  It's about taking precedent and assuming that he isn't an outlier. Maybe he does turn it down two offseasons ago, but it seems unlikely given recent history.
                  poop

Comment

• http://grantland.com/the-triangle/gi...ade-potential/

Really great Jonah Keri piece. Really depressing.
                    --------------------
                    He suggests 6/$175 is a likely price point
                    Last edited by emkayseven; 09-03-2014, 04:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• $29,166,667 would be the 3rd highest annual value in history, with 2 of the years being club controlled.

So basically, the 4 FA years would be the biggest AAV contract ever.
                      --------------------
                      If we're going to be running out teams with $65-75m payrolls and we have $30m tied into Stanton, we're going to be not good his entire time here. Would be fun.
                      Last edited by HUGG; 09-03-2014, 06:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I really, really wish Miami would do it.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I mean, I don't at that price. It's an insane price, especially given his injury history and our "payroll constraints". If we had a consistent 100M payroll then sure, but I really dont want this team in 3-4 years to be Stanton plus 22 year olds.
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• I think given the state of our current roster, minor league system, and our general financial philosophy, we're more likely to win more games over the next 6 years if we trade him than if we keep him.

That's assuming they don't fuck the trade up, which I don't have a whole lot of confidence about.

Comment

• BatteredWifeSyndrome.com
                              --------------------
                              Now begins the process of rationalizing why we should embrace Miguel Cabrera Episode II.
                              Last edited by Namaste; 09-04-2014, 08:18 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• We definitely shouldn't embrace it.

We need to sign him.

However at what it will cost, we need to have an 80-100 million dollar payroll.

I don't think there's a single player in all of baseball who is worth 50% of his team's payroll. It hamstrings the team.

If we're willing to up payroll, then we need to sign him.

If we are sticking with 50-60 million, then we can't sign him and be competitive, in which case it'd be better to trade him and be competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X