Hanley Ramirez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American League: Hanley Ramirez

OPS'ing .717 and is so bad in left field that he's going to start 2016 at 1B

#BringHanleyHome

Imagine still doing this.

Comment

he was absolute dynamite until he slammed into that wall in early may

Comment

I just posted this because if he was OPSing .980 and doing well in LF we'd be hearing about it regularly on this board.

Right, Hugg.

Comment

Still better than our 1Bs

I'm still on the #BringHanleyHome hypetrain

- - - - - - - - - -

Was looking at his stats on fangraphs and came across this article. I thought the author was eloquent in the way he talked about Hanley's "laziness", and I very much agree with him. I don't think he's lazy (I don't think you can get to the major league level by being lazy). Rather, he's not baseball smart.

That’s Hanley. The ball falls out of his glove and, instead of thinking, “Whoops! Better grab that!” he thinks “Whoops. /scene.” I’ve seen it before in other plays he’s (not) made. He’s jogged after balls in the corner which has allowed runners who would have had to bust it to get home ahead of a throw to walk in easily. It might appear as laziness, but it seems not quite a lack of effort but a lack of understanding of what the consequences of any specific play are.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            I just posted this because if he was OPSing .980 and doing well in LF we'd be hearing about it regularly on this board.

Right, Hugg.

Probably not since I quit caring about this season 3 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post

- - - - - - - - - -

Was looking at his stats on fangraphs and came across this article. I thought the author was eloquent in the way he talked about Hanley's "laziness", and I very much agree with him. I don't think he's lazy (I don't think you can get to the major league level by being lazy). Rather, he's not baseball smart.

No offense intended but I think this piece you just linked is the most HanleyFanBoy thing I've ever read.

10 year olds on Travel teams know the consequences of not having a sense of urgency about getting the ball back into the infield.

Comment

Same.

Comment

How is making fun of just how bad Hanley is a fanboy piece? [emoji55]

Comment

My bad. I interpreted it that that article was making an excuse for his lack of urgency.

He's just not "baseball smart".

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                      he was absolute dynamite until he slammed into that wall in early may
                      He'd fit in perfectly.

Comment

Bour is OPSing .783 and at least has a (barely) positive WAR. Hanley is OPSing .717 and has a -1.7 WAR. I get that his WAR is certainly affected by how brutal he has been in left field, but how do we know that a guy who has never played first base in his life is going to be any good there?

Throw in Hanley's contract on top of that, and I don't see how he is better than anything we have at first base.

Comment

But, OH HANLA

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                            Bour is OPSing .783 and at least has a (barely) positive WAR. Hanley is OPSing .717 and has a -1.7 WAR. I get that his WAR is certainly affected by how brutal he has been in left field, but how do we know that a guy who has never played first base in his life is going to be any good there?

Throw in Hanley's contract on top of that, and I don't see how he is better than anything we have at first base.
                            I hate you. #BringHanleyHome

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                              I hate you. #BringHanleyHome
                              So pay $22 million a year over four seasons for a -1.7 WAR player? Brilliant!

Unless the Red Sox eat like, all of his salary, this would be one of the dumbest things the Marlins could do.

Comment

Working...
                              X