Spring Training 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Training 2013

Click link below to see pics of Spring Training 2013 courtesy of El Nuevo Herald. By the way, those new hats are awesome!

Pics below include the phenom, Jose Fernandez.

http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2013/02...mavera-de.html

Only person smiling in any of those pictures, seems to be Mike Redmond. Who can blame them.

As per the Joe Rose Show (WQAM 560AM) Giancarlo Stanton won't address the media until Friday (at the earliest). Claims he walked right past the (sparse) media members at camp, and ignored all questions except to say he would possibly talk on Friday. Also of note, José Ferñandez was asked about what he thought of Mike Redmond being his new skipper and he said (paraphrased), "who is that ? Oh you mean that guy ?, I don't know I just met him a few minutes ago".

Great........

Comment

Well, I imagine the rest of them aren't smiling because they're working. It's all action shots, man. Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        Well, I imagine the rest of them aren't smiling because they're working. It's all action shots, man. Come on.
        That wasn't even the best part of my post. No comment on José Ferñandez ?

Comment

there's no énye in Fernandez
          --------------------

might be one of my favorite shots of all time
          Last edited by emkayseven; 02-13-2013, 06:50 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I like when paraphrased things still go inside of quotes

Comment

It's hilarious......no one will comment on FerNandez
              --------------------
              Great tweet I just saw......

I AM the Resistance. ‏@Cubanation
              Hey @JoeRoseShow take it easy on that Cuban defector for not knowing who Redmond was. You know all you white people look alike to us.
              Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-13-2013, 07:33 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

No one will comment on Fernandez because no one cares. It's not a big deal.

Comment

What comment would you want?

1) We don't know what he said

2) Who cares what he said?

What the hell does it matter?

You're trying to make news of stuff that isn't news.

When you say Fernandez out loud, were you pronouncing it Fern-yandez?

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                    What comment would you want?

1) We don't know what he said

2) Who cares what he said?

What the hell does it matter?

You're trying to make news of stuff that isn't news.

When you say Fernandez out loud, were you pronouncing it Fern-yandez?
                    1st, I just copied how I had seen it spelled from someone else. If it was wrong, I won't spell it that way again.

I'll have to see if WQAM has the clip up on their website. They have been talking about it all morning on the Joe Rose show ( http://wqam.com/ ) He's on for another hour so you can hear it, because they are playing it over and over.....so hilarious. Star prospect and he doesn't even know who his manager is. It can only happen with the Marlins.

Comment

I'm not interested in hearing it.

It can happen elsewhere too.

Probably has.

We probably don't know about it because it wasn't interesting then either.

Comment

I mean...that's not his manager.
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Why should Jose Fernandez know Mike Redmond outside of meeting him 5 minutes prior? And like emkay said, Redmond isn't his manager anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                            Why should Jose Fernandez know Mike Redmond outside of meeting him 5 minutes prior? And like emkay said, Redmond isn't his manager anyway
                            The way we go thru managers Redmond might not even be here next year when Fernandez is up Let's just hope Redmond does what Loria says

Also Jose Ceda is has been throwing off the mound since Jan. He could be another nice option for us if he can finally stay healthy

Comment

I must say...Fernandez doesnt look a day over 27 in those pictures.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                              X