No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No clues on what they do yet but looks like they will be making some kind of deal(They are talking to alot of clubs)They want club controlled guys but Loria has given the OK to spend cash and if they miss on those guys a rental player or 2 could be traded for

Comment

• What would it take for one of the astros arms? Dietrich and what else ?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        No clues on what they do yet but looks like they will be making some kind of deal(They are talking to alot of clubs)They want club controlled guys but Loria has given the OK to spend cash and if they miss on those guys a rental player or 2 could be traded for
        Hmm, but I mean if they do indeed open the wallet, they will deal better prospects because they're getting better players, albeit rentals.

I would assume opening the wallet would still mean Lackey and not Lester, who would probably clear out our system.
        --------------------
        Whoooa, Miami is in on Lester:

@JimBowdenESPNxm: According to a source here are the teams that are “in” on Jon Lester at this hour: Tor,Sea,Milw,StL,LAD,Balt & Miami #ESPN #SiriusXM
        Twitter
        Last edited by Big Z; 07-29-2014, 01:31 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
          What would it take for one of the astros arms? Dietrich and what else ?
          They have called Houston on Keuchel and Cosart. No clue what it would take but Houston wants in there words "ML Ready Offense"

That would mean for us Marisnick,Dietrich,Kyle Jensen(DH)

Hey if they would take Dietrich and a mid minor league arm I would try Keuchel. Cosart prolly cost Marisnick and more

Comment

• Marisnick: The Epitome of ML Ready Offense

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              Marisnick: The Epitome of ML Ready Offense
              Better than Kike Hernandez

Comment

• Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Marlins are thinking big in trying to get a SP. It was mentioned a while back that they called TB on Price, and just now on the Sirius XM MLB channel, they said they're hearing the Marlins are one of 7 teams in on Lester. Maybe they won't land a big fish, but I think they have their line in the water. They certainly have the prospects to get a deal done.

Comment

• What do you give up for Lester? Marisnick, Desco/Nicolino, DD, and one more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    Hmm, but I mean if they do indeed open the wallet, they will deal better prospects because they're getting better players, albeit rentals.

I would assume opening the wallet would still mean Lackey and not Lester, who would probably clear out our system.
                    --------------------
                    Whoooa, Miami is in on Lester:

Twitter
                    Ya but still rentals. Its like the Headley trade-guys with big contracts or soon to be FA usually cost something but nothing massive. If we tried to get Asdrubal Cabrera it would cost something like NYY paid for him-utility(Dietrich) and low level pitcher

As for Lester,Boston reportedly wants a Top Prospect in a deal. So it would be Heaney for a Lester rental?
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    What do you give up for Lester? Marisnick, Desco/Nicolino, DD, and one more?
                    They would want Heaney but a bigger deal could happen
                    Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2014, 01:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                      What do you give up for Lester? Marisnick, Desco/Nicolino, DD, and one more?
                      I would easily give that up plus any other prospect other than Heaney and Moran.

If the Marlins think they can lock Lester up, I'd probably be willing to include Heaney in some kind of deal.

Comment

• Lester would solidify the shit out of our rotation. If we can get both him and Lackey, I would give up Heaney plus (obviously).

Comment

• If Lester would resign it is something to consider. Boston wants 1 elite prospect and a mid level prospect for him with the elite prospect preferable a Pitcher(Heaney for us)
                          --------------------
                          2015 #1 Comp Pick seems to be popular with teams especially with pool money
                          Last edited by tjfla; 07-29-2014, 01:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• This is just crazy talk. All of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              This is just crazy talk. All of it.
                              Stop shitting on our party, Erick.

Comment

• Party's Over

Comment

Working...
                                X