No announcement yet.

Best MIF In Baseball Leads Marlins To 3-2 Win Over Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were, 2-1, and we were struggling to take care of the Phillies. That dropped fly ball literally triggered something in this team. Since then, they've outscored their opponents by 25 runs.

Comment

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
      We were, 2-1, and we were struggling to take care of the Phillies. That dropped fly ball literally triggered something in this team. Since then, they've outscored their opponents by 25 runs.
      You're attributing meaning to meaningless event. If he caught that ball the Marlins still could have gone on this hot streak but you'd probably attribute it to something else rather than the team was underperforming and was bound to overperform at some point in the future. I recommend taking an intro to statistics course which will cover the central limit theorem.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
        You're attributing meaning to meaningless event. If he caught that ball the Marlins still could have gone on this hot streak but you'd probably attribute it to something else rather than the team was underperforming and was bound to overperform at some point in the future. I recommend taking an intro to statistics course which will cover the central limit theorem.
        i recommend not doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
          i recommend not doing this.
          Why?

Comment

because who the fuck would want to take an intro to statistics course for no reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
              because who the fuck would want to take an intro to statistics course for no reason?
              Statistics are used for everything. If you don't even have the most basic understanding of them you're disadvantaging yourself.

Comment

Sometimes jay576 is as fun as a wet fart

Comment

Originally posted by Sr.Imbto
                  How many teams have started a season 8-11 and made the playoffs?
                  Can't track that down, but the 1914 Boston Braves started 3-15 and won the World Series

- - - - - - - - - -

from wiki:

They spent the first part of the season in last place, posting a record of 26 wins and 40 losses in early July.[3] Led by three pitchers, Dick Rudolph, Bill James, and Lefty Tyler, the team began to win games, taking over first place for good on September 8.[4] Their record over their final 89 games was 70–19 for a winning percentage of .787.[4] Infielders Johnny Evers and Rabbit Maranville led the league in double plays. The Braves went on to sweep Connie Mack's heavily favored Athletics in four games in the1914 World Series.[5]
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Hey guys we had a lead and lost it. Was a real fun sweep. Glad I watched an inning total

Comment

Working...
                    X