• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/14: Marlins at Braves

WPGL

Prado hitting cleanup again
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

they not gon lose

(rain out likely)
    poop

Comment

Prado has a 1.250 OPS hitting cleanup this season

Comment

Juan C. Rodriguez ‏@JCRMarlinsbeat 7m7 minutes ago
        Yelich scratched (back). Ichiro starting tonight in left. #marlins #braves

Assuming it was from the catch yesterday.

Comment

still hurting from when Dee dunked on him

Comment

Ichiro career hitting second: .299 OBP
            Prado career hitting second: .337 OBP

Bravo, Red. Bra fucking vo.

Comment

I feel like career stats hitting in a certain spot of the order are mostly useless.

- - - - - - - - - -

Prado is just a better hitter than Ichiro at this point, which is the main issue with the lineup.
              poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                I feel like career stats hitting in a certain spot of the order are mostly useless.

- - - - - - - - - -

Prado is just a better hitter than Ichiro at this point, which is the main issue with the lineup.
                Why? Prado has succeeded more hitting second than Ichiro has even though Prado has almost 1,900 ABs there and Ichiro doesn't even have 300. Enough of a sample on both sides for me to say Prado is a better hitter in that slot than Ichiro. A lot more experienced and a lot more success. But Red doesn't pay attention to those things we call numbers.

I really would like to see the lineup card. He probably just scratched out Yelich and put a big 51 over it. I'm thoroughly convinced this guy is a) ignorant and b) doesn't care. I really hope he's the next Torborg come next month if we are still playing like this.

Comment

Ichiro barely has 300 plate appearances batting 2nd, the vast majority of which came during 2013, which happened to be his worst season. I don't think Ichiro all of a sudden forgets how to hit when he bats second, and I don't think Prado has an innate ability to hit 2nd in the order. Ichiro never hit second when he was actually good, that's why his numbers there are bad. Prado's numbers are pretty much identical hitting 2nd vs. overall.

Prado's a better hitter than Ichiro, so he should be batting over him. That Ichiro was especially bad in 2013 shouldn't play into it.
                  poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    Ichiro barely has 300 plate appearances batting 2nd, the vast majority of which came during 2013, which happened to be his worst season. I don't think Ichiro all of a sudden forgets how to hit when he bats second, and I don't think Prado has an innate ability to hit 2nd in the order. Ichiro never hit second when he was actually good, that's why his numbers there are bad. Prado's numbers are pretty much identical hitting 2nd vs. overall.

Prado's a better hitter than Ichiro, so he should be batting over him. That Ichiro was especially bad in 2013 shouldn't play into it.
                    Either way, Red still isn't doing his job in trotting out the best possible lineup. He's just being a lazy idiot like he usually is.

Comment

Hey! Things are happening!

Comment

Redmond outsmarts you guys yet again

Comment

The most Marlins thing to happen tonight though will be that the game will rain out before it is official.

Comment

an [MENTION=225]el nino[/MENTION] sighting!
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I don't understand why Salty continues to bat 7th when he's such a limited and shitty hitter. Plus he's slow. Hech, though not much better, should be 7th
                              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Working...
                              X