Marlins to Don Satchel Paige Era Unis on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins to Don Satchel Paige Era Unis on Saturday

As part of the Negro Leagues Tribute, the Brewers will wear reproductions of uniforms worn by the Milwaukee Bears, the city's 1923 representative in the Negro National League. The team played only one season before disbanding but featured some of the game's most influential men, including Hall-of-Fame player/manager John Preston "Pete" Hill. The Miami Marlins will join in by donning uniforms of the Minor League Miami Marlins, who were a Triple-A franchise in the International League from 1956-1960. Hall-of-fame pitcher Satchel Paige was a member of the Marlins towards the end of his playing career from 1956-58.
    http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/new...r_mil&c_id=mil

What they will likely look like:

4th retro day that I can remember. First once since 2007. We need more of these!!!

Ooh, I like.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

They should break out the teal one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        They should break out the teal one of these days.
        Agreed. Especially since they are celebrating the 20th anniversary.

They also need to bust out these:

Miami Beach Flamingos:

--------------------
        I'd also LOVE a throwback to the old Cuban League big four: Habana, Almendares, Cienfuegos, and Marianao.

Last edited by Party; 07-17-2013, 08:47 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Comment

That patch is beautiful and should have been included in our current set.

Comment

Those are so awesome.

Also, It'll be the first time since the logo change that they'll be wearing uniforms with properly centered lettering. (This failure in the most basic of details has always made our current uniforms about 10x worse-looking for me).

Comment

In case anyone is interested: http://www.ebbets.com/product/Miami-...rsey/index.php

$125 (limited time only!). I already bought one.

Comment

Working...
                X