No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we have a terrible farm system and we trade more terrible parts of it is it still terrible?

I like this move.

The year 2018 and the Miami Marlins relevance in it mean jack shit right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      If we have a terrible farm system and we trade more terrible parts of it is it still terrible?

I like this move.

The year 2018 and the Miami Marlins relevance in it mean jack shit right now.

I kinda feel like this too. The system is dog shit, right? We've been saying that for years. If they want to deplete it, so what, I want less dog shit in my life, ya know?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Another head scratcher from us.

We didn't give up anything great in Seymour(speed only) and Mader(decent but long way off) but is Cervenka any better than Ege,Lazo or even Nappo?

Braves keep adding talent while our GM Jeff Loria sorry mean Mike Hill looks foolish again

- - - - - - - - - -

To be fair the 2 guys we dealt aren't gonna make the system any worse. They actually have tons of guys to fill the spots(benefit of taking 25 guys who are over 21 already) the issue is they don't move any of the guys up instead they will sign 26 yr olds to play Low A ball

- - - - - - - - - -

One brightside of the trade tho is now there is a 99.9% chance Mike Dunn is gone next year

Would say 100% but we all know Cervenka will come here get destroyed and sent to the minors where we attempt to make him a starter AND need a lefty again
        I don't really follow the logic here. The prospects we gave up aren't very good, but we look foolish for giving them up for someone, who improves the bullpen (if even a little bit). How does that make sense?

- - - - - - - - - -

On another note, A-Rod is coming to the Marlins, right? I mean, it just makes too much sense.

Comment

• This is random and didn't know where to put it, but Fernandez's next 3 starts are all going to be great matchups. IF things hold ESPN says his next 3 starts will be vs Cueto, then Sale, and then finishing with Cole on the pirates.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            yo, this dude is terrible
            didn't even last a week

Comment

• Andy Slater ‏@AndySlater 22s23 seconds ago
              After 14-inning game last night, Mattingly did say Marlins would have to make some moves because entire bullpen was used.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Another head scratcher from us.

We didn't give up anything great in Seymour(speed only) and Mader(decent but long way off) but is Cervenka any better than Ege,Lazo or even Nappo?

Braves keep adding talent while our GM Jeff Loria sorry mean Mike Hill looks foolish again

- - - - - - - - - -

To be fair the 2 guys we dealt aren't gonna make the system any worse. They actually have tons of guys to fill the spots(benefit of taking 25 guys who are over 21 already) the issue is they don't move any of the guys up instead they will sign 26 yr olds to play Low A ball

- - - - - - - - - -

One brightside of the trade tho is now there is a 99.9% chance Mike Dunn is gone next year

Would say 100% but we all know Cervenka will come here get destroyed and sent to the minors where we attempt to make him a starter AND need a lefty again
                The .1% chance has already happened. So give up 2 guys with some talent for a AAA LOOGY when we already have 3 sitting in AAA. FOOLISH

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by McLevin View Post
                Andy Slater ‏@AndySlater 22s23 seconds ago
                After 14-inning game last night, Mattingly did say Marlins would have to make some moves because entire bullpen was used.
                Narveson HAHA
                Ege DFA
                Cervenka AAA
                Brice (Phelps Jr)

Comment

• Wjy is Johnson still on this team other than money? He was brought in as a platoon partner with bour and he has sucked against lefties just as much as righties, even more against lefties. We have Rojas who is a good defender and can play 1st, Dietrich who isnt a great defender but he can hit much better. I'd give Carlos Gomez a flier if he clears waivers as Houston just DFA'ed him. Not sure of the role but it can;t hurt to add his talent.

Someone will probably give him a starting job which he needs before he hits free agency this winter.

Comment

• John Heyman is saying we've had "internal discussions" of signing A-Rod.

Comment

• Good. IF he takes over Chris Johnson's role he would be an upgrade and his presence will add to our already great hitting coach staff. Bonds, Mattingly, A-Rod, Lenny Harris the all time pinch hits leader. Great guys to learn from. I'd be all for this move, if not a little skeptical just of the overall circus of A-rod getting in the way of the playoff chase.

Comment

• I think there's a .00000000006 chance A-Rod comes here this season.

So there's a chance.

Comment

• I've learned not to rule anything out with Loria around.

Comment

• If I'm A-Rod right now, I'm annoyed with Girardi and the F.O.

A-Rod is probably thinking, "can't Gary Sanchez play the 45 fucking remaining games after I retire"

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              Good. IF he takes over Chris Johnson's role he would be an upgrade and his presence will add to our already great hitting coach staff. Bonds, Mattingly, A-Rod, Lenny Harris the all time pinch hits leader. Great guys to learn from. I'd be all for this move, if not a little skeptical just of the overall circus of A-rod getting in the way of the playoff chase.
                              I'm not sure why people are obsessed with this line of thinking.

Alex Rodriguez can barely hit anymore, but he certainly can't field. He's played 2 games in the field. 1B was a disaster a few springs back.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I think ARod can still hit. Not 50 homers hit, but hit enough to warrant a spot. His problem this year is the Yankees never allowed him to stay in the lineup when he was struggling and they prioritized Teixeira and Beltran in terms of DH time to keep good rhythm going or to just keep their bats in the lineup.

What tells me he'll eventually come around is that he's still elevating the ball. Usually when older guys are done it coincides with them topping the ball too much or being too late on inside stuff, I haven't seen that in ARod this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X