No announcement yet.

Marcell Ozuna, RF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sir have sullied the name of Marcell Ozuna. I don't wish to live in a world where that man isn't a beacon of truth and freedom. Please refrain from defiling any more of my heroes without just cause and due process!
    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

you should probably pick better heroes

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        Yeah. He goes from possibly maybe interesting prospect to Yoenis Cespedes overnight.
        Did Hugg hack Bobbob's account?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          you should probably pick better heroes
          You wouldn't believe the firestorm I'd rage if MiaCulpa was spreading rumours about you. <3 aw
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Shoulda drafted his brother Yoke

::wait for it::

Comment

I lol'd.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                Did Hugg hack Bobbob's account?
                I've been on board with Cespedes since I saw that picture from the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  I've been on board with Cespedes since I saw that picture from the airport.

Comment

named to the postseason all star team

The All-Star nod marks the second this season for right fielder Marcell Ozuna, who was also selected to the Mid-Season team.

Ozuna is tied for the league lead as well as the Jupiter franchise record with 23 home runs. He has already set a new single-season record with 91 RBI this year. Ozuna can also reach the runs scored record of 89 by crossing home plate just two more times (set by Gaby Sanchez, 2007). The Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic native was signed by the Marlins as a non-drafted free agent in 2008.
                    http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/aug/...-roster-25031/
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

BA's #15 prospect in the Florida State League

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...ague-prospects
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler
                        First year for Marlins OF Marcell Ozuna playing winter ball in the DR. Already has four home runs in seven games.
                        He has mad pop
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

--OF Marcell Ozuna is expected to start the season at Class AA Jacksonville, but he will be in major league camp with the Marlins. Ozuna, 22, hit 24 home runs and added 95 RBI for Class A Jupiter in 2012. Given the uncertainty of Miami's outfield situation, he could win a big-league promotion with a strong start at Jacksonville.
                          http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5061136.story

Comment

Not sure if this was mentioned but in Sunday's Orlando Sentinel,says Ozuna broke his left hand the beginning of the week and will miss the start of the year

So our Yelich-Marisnick-Ozuna AA OF now looks like Yelich-?-? for the first 2 or 3 weeks

Comment

hitting cleanup for Jupiter tonight

Comment

Clubs that have asked the Marlins about Giancarlo Stanton continue to report they have shown no interest in dealing him in midseason. But among the unexpected forces that could push them toward trading Stanton this winter is that his injury accelerated the development of imposing 22-year-old phenom Marcell Ozuna, whom one scout went so far as to describe as "Yasiel Puig, minus the hype."

Ozuna (.326/.370/.473 after 34 games) had played just 24 games above A-ball, and zero games in Triple-A, when the Marlins called him up. But he has the look of a major talent -- who could push Stanton right out of Miami next winter. And his hitting coach, Tino Martinez, says Ozuna's growth as a hitter, just over the course of a few weeks, has been eye-opening.

"When he first came up, if he got into a 3-1 count or 3-2, you could throw a pitch anywhere -- in the dirt, a foot outside -- and he'd still swing at it," Martinez said. "But you tell this kid something, he gets it. About 2½ weeks ago, we talked before his first at-bat about looking for a pitch he could drive. Instead, he swings at a pitcher's pitch, rolls it over to the shortstop and comes in and says, 'How did I do?' I said, 'Terrible,' although I might have used some other words than 'terrible.' I said, 'I told you to look for a ball to drive.' He listened, and it was like, from that moment on, that was it. He's been a totally different player. That's not coaching. That's listening."

Over his next 20 games, Ozuna hit .360, with a .914 OPS, and reached base in all 20. In a couple of weeks, the Marlins will be running out an outfield of Ozuna, Stanton and the dazzling Christian Yelich. So their second half should be a lot more interesting to watch than the first half.
                                http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/...ns-fascinating

Comment

Working...
                                X