No announcement yet.

Red @ Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Stanton hits a homer here I want him to run the bases with two middle fingers raised towards the sky.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
      I just want Stanton to hit a big fuck you homer.
      This

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
        I just want Stanton to hit a big fuck you homer.
        Hopefully he doesn't hit it too hard. They might take it back.

Comment

Yeah they will say he abused the ball

Comment

Stanton, if you just hit a HR here and round the bases with both middle fingers up, you can just strikeout the rest of the year and I wouldn't care.

Comment

He seems like he standing further from the plate than usual

Comment

SMH. Tommy was livid.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Welp nevermind. WGL thanks NY useless umpires.

Comment

Strikeouts are up so baseball should probably change the rules to six strikes per AB so the players don't feel too bad. Stanton should still be hitting, please challenge.

Comment

I'm reading this rule and I'm trying to think why the Marlins wouldn't protest the call.

Mathis did what the rule states is allowable in the specific scenario.

A runner attempting to score may not deviate from his direct pathway to the plate in order to initiate contact with the catcher (or other player covering home plate). If, in the judgment of the Umpire, a runner attempting to score initiates contact with the catcher (or other player covering home plate) in such a manner, the Umpire shall declare the runner out (even if the player covering home plate loses possession of the ball).

Unless the catcher is in possession of the ball, the catcher cannot block the pathway of the runner as he is attempting to score. If, in the judgment of the Umpire, the catcher, without possession of the ball, blocks the pathway of the runner, the Umpire shall call or signal the runner safe.

Comment

Could they protest it?

Comment

What would happen if they protest the game?

Comment

It's been awhile since I have gotten that mad over a call. I don't get how he even blocked the plate. Cosart didn't even make an attempt at scoring.

Comment

The last time a call that bad happened to the Marlins was the Bob Davidson incident. This one is actually worse since there's replay and they had 6 minutes to not fuck it up.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acg3q...ature=youtu.be

Even the home plate umpire agrees it's a bad call.

Comment

Working...
                                X