X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Peavy, he's a grinder.

Comment

• The non-tender deadline is tonight, so a lot more interesting names may become available for the Marlins to consider.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
        I like Peavy, he's a grinder.
        I don't see what his personal life has to do with anything.

Comment

• More of a hoagie guy myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
            I don't see what his personal life has to do with anything.

Comment

• I wonder if the White Sox would be willing to consider a Eovaldi and bullpen piece/prospect for Jose Quintana deal. I know the Sox are looking for a right handed starter and some help for the bullpen but don't know if they would be willing to trade Quintana.

Comment

• Brandon Beachy, Kris Medlen, Kyle Blanks, Everth Cabrera were all non-tendered and I wouldn't mind any of them for Miami.
                --------------------
                Also Alexi Ogando and Gordon Beckham.
                Last edited by Miamarlin21; 12-02-2014, 09:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Medlen is coming off TJ surgery. I wouldn't mind him.

Comment

• Medlen would be a nice reclamation project. If he works out could be huge. If not prolly won't cost us much.

Also whats the point of the Jeter thing? Become a coach? instructor in spring?

Comment

• Bang Marlins wives while team is on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        Bang Marlins wives while team is on the road.
                        Anything to beat the Rays wife in that softball game.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                          Anything to beat the Rays wife in that softball game.

"I'll beat their wives!"

Comment

• @JaneMLB: Hearing that the Indians aren't the only team in on Moss. Either way, nothing appears imminent, though that could quickly change of course.
                            Twitter

We could be one of the teams. What do you give up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                              Twitter

We could be one of the teams. What do you give up?
                              I think you ask for Samardzija too (who they want to move) and start with Heaney, Eovaldi, Barnes/Romero, Williams/Urena/DeScalfani, and A-ball reliever arm. Have to imagine that is close as it sheds a lot of money from Oakland, and Beane gets two big arms and some other guys he will extract value from.

Then sign one of the 3/4 SP in free agency - peavy, hammel, mccarthy, etc., in a 2-3 year deal.

Fernandez(Koehler), Samardzija, Alvarez, "Peavy/Hammel/McCarthy", Cosart, and still have Cishek to trade for another infielder and get 2 draft picks for Samardzija next year. Nicolino moves into rotation next year (as they, "like him") tentatively next year, or they just keep Koehler/Hand/DeScalfani as the 5.

Payroll (sans Cishek), would be $65 range this year and next year (dumping Samardzija, Baker, McGehee, Mathis, Dunn) and this is the team they'd be rolling out

Salty, Mathis/Realmuto
                              Moss, Baker/Veteran
                              Kike, Dietrich
                              Hech, Solano/Barnes/25th man
                              McGehee/Young Guy for Cishek
                              Yelich, Jones/4th OF
                              Ozuna
                              Stanton

Fernandez/Koehler, Samardzija/Nicolino, Alvarez, Peavy/Hammel/McCarthy, Cosart
                              Ramos, Morris, Capps, Crow/Hatcher, Dunn/Jennings/Dayton, Hand/Koehler, Dyson/Urena/CC relievers

That's a pretty good "2" year depth chart for $65 each year, plus Samardzija's draft picks (or if they sign him to be the longterm # 2 great)

Of course, I would second bobbob on this, drop another $15-20 somewhere on the team and add one-two more good guys. Imagine if Peavey/Hammel/McCarthy was Shields instead, and they signed another veteran infielder to help at 2B/3B. That would probably project to over 90 wins with a healthy Fernandez

Comment

• @JonHeymanCBS: marlins reach out to chase headley, seem to have strong interest. (could move mcgehee to 1B) http://t.co/sNDYFRM25z
                                Twitter

About time!

Comment

Working...
                                X