Fredi and Loria Exchange Barbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<-------------resident moron for sure

Proof that new posters don't get called idiots within 5 seconds and stick around:

TheMendozzaLine

His secret? When we trade the WORST first basemen in the history of baseball, he doesn't grade it an F.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Well it's hard to get growth when someone introduces themselves and within 5 seconds is called an idiot or told that only there words matter by the resident morons on the site!!!!!
      You're an idiot.

Comment

Well it's hard to get growth when someone introduces themselves and within 5 seconds is called an idiot or told that only there words matter by the resident morons on the site!!!!!
        If you make idiotic statements without using facts to back them up, you're going to be called an idiot.

It's a vicious cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          Figured someone would find everything wrong, and then add a stupid ass remark. That's the reason why nobody likes to post in this forum, except the usual 7-10 people. It's full of people who believe only in their opinion, among other things. This is one of the main reasons why there is not as many people posting here as their should be. The forum has potential, but not with the 7-10 person mob that likes to act as if they're always right when someone posts something that doesn't favor them.
          Maybe all of this is true.

But when you drop something like this:

Note: You're wasting some of the money you saved on Hanley, on Ozzie.
          Don't be upset when people criticize you.
          poop

Comment

Lowell 4 Manager
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Not signing Yoennis Cespedes= D+

-I give this a D+ because at the time I thought it was too much money to sign him, however, so far he's proven that he's worth every penny. He has helped flip around the A's and could've filled our CF void for 4-5 years.
              The Marlins should have signed Yoenis Cespedes, though what he got from Oakland was pretty ridiculous at the time. But I feel pretty confident in saying that he would not have solved the CF void for 4-5 years.

By every available metric, he's been a pretty terrible defensive outfielder this year.
              poop

Comment

I feel like I'd be uncomfortable with giving someone a D+ for something while admitting I agreed with the move without also saying, oops, I eph'd up too.

Then I'd change the subject

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  The Marlins should have signed Yoenis Cespedes, though what he got from Oakland was pretty ridiculous at the time. But I feel pretty confident in saying that he would not have solved the CF void for 4-5 years.

By every available metric, he's been a pretty terrible defensive outfielder this year.
                  So you're saying he's a perfect fit defensively for a Beinfest team.

Comment

Well I mean, it's the Internet. If you really get so offended at being called an idiot by someone through a computer monitor, then that's just silly.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    You're an idiot.
                    Mainge is the resident bully.
                    Last edited by Valid; 09-24-2012, 07:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Valid View Post
                      Well I mean, it's the Internet. If you really get so offended at being called an idiot by someone through a computer monitor, then that's just silly.
                      --------------------

Mainge is the resident bully.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                        The worse, the better (higher draft pick).

I think it's true what Fredi says. Loria just needs to take his nose out of everything. Does he have any idea how the game even works? I've heard that he is a huge fan and I've also heard he knows nothing about the game. I'm not sure which is true.

Everyone knew that bringing in Ozzie wouldn't last. We all knew that he was too much of an "open" manager to satisfy Loria. Loria can blame his firing on Fidel, or whatever other excuse. The truth is that if you are not Loria's bitch, you're not going to be his manager. It shouldn't be that way, but it's the unfortunate truth.

Is there another owner in baseball as involved as Loria?

Also, what if Loria was the one who wanted all these bad trades that have Beinfest's face drawn all over them?

Trades

The Carlos Lee trade= F

-You lose your 22(?) year old 3rd base prospect to the Astros for a washed up Lee. You then trade Hanley Ramirez (3rd baseman) and are left without a 3rd baseman. Dominguez could've played (90?) games and gotten ready for 2013. Also, LoMo was ready to play 1B.

The Hanley Ramirez trade= C-

-You get rid of some salary for the next 2 years, but really get nothing back in return. Could've ate some money and gotten better prospects from OAK.

Note: You're wasting some of the money you saved on Hanley, on Ozzie.

The Sanchez/Infante trade= B+

-You get rid of Sanchez and Infante while their value is high and in return get a future 2/3 starter and possibly a much needed starting Catcher.

The Gaby Sanchez trade= F

-Stupid given that you traded for Lee and traded Sanchez just to get rid of him. LoMo should've been starting 1B and we should've/could've acquired a LF. Oh, and Gorky's Hernandez can't hit a HS pitcher throwing 75 MPH. He is pretty terrible.

The Mujica trade= D+

-Ok, so you trade away Dominguez and get a Zack Cox. Basically Matt Dominguez without the great glove and with better contact.

Signings

The Reyes signing= C-

-We already had Hanley playing SS at the time, why spend $106(?) million on another SS who provides more or less the same features as someone you can pay about 10 times less for? Obviously Reyes will be better than the guy being paid 10 times less, but you can fill in his role and spend that money elsewhere. Should've signed Aramis Ramirez, a true 3rd Baseman who provides fielding, OBP, SLG and RBIs.

The John Buck signing= D+

-He gets a D+ because he calls a good game, but his bat is atrocious. Possibly the worst signing we've ever been a part of.

The Heath Bell signing= C-

-The reason I give the Bell signing a C- is because he was a proven closer, and we needed one. With Bell, we thought we'd no longer have the 9th inning struggles we've had over the past couple if years. However, that did not work out at all.

The Mark Buehrle signing= A

-We needed a starter that could take us deep into ball games and Buehrle was the right guy to sign. He is a veteran who is coming to the NL from the AL, and is always healthy.

What could've happened

Not signing Yoennis Cespedes= D+

-I give this a D+ because at the time I thought it was too much money to sign him, however, so far he's proven that he's worth every penny. He has helped flip around the A's and could've filled our CF void for 4-5 years. He is also Cuban and would've made a great impact on the fan base. He might've also killed Ozzie when he made the Castro comment, so that goes into the + in the D given for this move (JK).

Not trading for Gio= F

-This one really hurt. You have a kid from Hialeah, who can also have a great impact on the fan base and you do not trade for him. Not only is he from Hialeah, but he is also one of the best SP's in baseball right now. Oh yeah, what has LoMo done?

These grades are mostly inconsistent to me.

1. I agree with the Carlos Lee deal.
                        2. Saying we got nothing back in return is unfair. Eovaldi is a 22-year old capable of dialing it up in the upper 90's. I don't understand how you can evaluate that already.
                        3. Sure, just because there's no downside to the deal. If anything, it could be an A.
                        4. Gaby Sanchez...who cares, really?
                        5. Trading a whatever reliever for something is never a D. That's a bad grade.
                        6. Reyes...C-? He's our 2nd best player, arguably the best SS in the game.
                        7. I agree. Buck is arguably an F if anything.
                        8. So Bell and Reyes get the same grade?
                        9. How do you give Buehrle an A after giving Reyes a C-?

The rest is unfair.

They wanted Cespedes; they just couldn't get him.

Did you see what it took to acquire Gio Gonzalez? The prospects the Nats gave up >>> whatever we had at the time.

Comment

Also, the reason why this board sucks (it doesn't) is not because we bully posters. It's because those posters don't have the balls to come back and debate using concrete evidence.

Comment

Working...
                          X